HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
al_piv

chock(up or down) on XR650R ?

10 posts in this topic

There is no question, I am a new XR650R owner and just un-corked it!

Yet, not sure of choke position, up is choke-on or choke-off?

Also, after setting the new jets, new carb boot and exhaust tip, it is not going to idle as quick as my KTM does, any suggestions?

Yes, choke not chock! :banghead:

Ok, great, then it is working as designed...

No worries about offending anyone, I can laugh at myself as much as I do others.

Heck, you should see me ride (LOL)

Still one oustanding question if any who knows wouldn't mind:

after setting the new jets, new carb boot and exhaust tip, it is not going to idle as quick as my KTM does, any suggestions?

Still one oustanding question if any who knows wouldn't mind:

after setting the new jets, new carb boot and exhaust tip, it is not going to idle as quick as my KTM does, any suggestions?

Are you talking about the actual idle RPM speed or the time it takes to idle normally after its been started and warmed up?

it is more in that I rev up the motor let go of the grip it snaps back and it takes time to idle down..

I believe there may be a vac/air leak..

does anyone have a diagram of the vac lines on the stock carb?

This is a common prob for new 650 owners. Notice how tight the cables pull around the front of the tank. My throttle actually opens when i turn the bars hard left. Although i never had the slow idle down prob with mine there are many that have but they all say it goes away after you run it in because the cables just free up a bit.I am interested to know what your first impressions are of the bike. :banghead:

This is a common prob for new 650 owners. Notice how tight the cables pull around the front of the tank. My throttle actually opens when i turn the bars hard left. Although i never had the slow idle down prob with mine there are many that have but they all say it goes away after you run it in because the cables just free up a bit.I am interested to know what your first impressions are of the bike. :banghead:

I think I am missing a hose off the right side of the carb --could be vacuum line..

HJ500027.gif

The fitting points straight out of the right side of the carb #27..

Needing length of hose if anyone has it or can measure it.

Right now the bike has come alive since I un-corked it with the following parts:

Link

Ordered the parts through OEMThumperTalk and they had the best price.

I shopped around three different local dealers and they out did any of them.

Only time will tell with this bike, I am planning a long 700 mile trip in the spring (SpringTAT) and mapping routes here in Indiana.

thanks to those who have contributed!