xr650r hotcam stage 1

Anyone fitted a stage 1 hotcam to there 650r. Were you happy. good or bad results.

I put one in my 2001 xr650 and i am verry happy with it. For the price( I think around $165 landed) I think it should be one of the first mods after uncorking. It took away most of the stumble when you whack the throttle. Its deffinitly more fun now. I sometimes miss the compression release. When i first start the bike I have to find compression and stand on the kick start to let it bleed off. all in all I like it!!

I too like it :banghead:

Me too. :banghead:

okay i'm getting one then as soon i mount up my scotts damper... oops this isnt my thread but i was thinkin the same thing..

I asked this on another thread, but since this is up

1. Do you remove the spring loaded oil spout that was under the original cam?

2. what do you remove for the deomp lever and such

Thanks

I have a stage 1 Hot Cam laying around that I was going to install, and while collecting information, I noted the various advertisements protrayed the stage 2 as stage 1 plus more mid to top end.

I have to think the whole powerband would shift upward from stage 1 to 2, or why would you not just install the stage 2 for all applications?

Anyone been on a ride with a stage 1 and a stage 2 hot cam represented in the group over tight single track to open desert? OR how about just a stage 2 on tight single track?

I asked this on another thread, but since this is up

1. Do you remove the spring loaded oil spout that was under the original cam?

2. what do you remove for the deomp lever and such

Thanks

Got the answer from Hotcam

The decomp lever and cable CAN stay

The spring loaded oil spout under the OEM assy on the Stock cam, MUST come out

I got the stg 1 for my BRP. I didn't notice a huge change, but felt a bit stronger pull in the upper rpm range.

I like it because it got rid of the stupid auto decomp system, which sounded like crap for years.