HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xrmoto

xr650r hotcam stage 1

9 posts in this topic

I put one in my 2001 xr650 and i am verry happy with it. For the price( I think around $165 landed) I think it should be one of the first mods after uncorking. It took away most of the stumble when you whack the throttle. Its deffinitly more fun now. I sometimes miss the compression release. When i first start the bike I have to find compression and stand on the kick start to let it bleed off. all in all I like it!!

I asked this on another thread, but since this is up

1. Do you remove the spring loaded oil spout that was under the original cam?

2. what do you remove for the deomp lever and such

Thanks

I have a stage 1 Hot Cam laying around that I was going to install, and while collecting information, I noted the various advertisements protrayed the stage 2 as stage 1 plus more mid to top end.

I have to think the whole powerband would shift upward from stage 1 to 2, or why would you not just install the stage 2 for all applications?

Anyone been on a ride with a stage 1 and a stage 2 hot cam represented in the group over tight single track to open desert? OR how about just a stage 2 on tight single track?

I asked this on another thread, but since this is up

1. Do you remove the spring loaded oil spout that was under the original cam?

2. what do you remove for the deomp lever and such

Thanks

Got the answer from Hotcam

The decomp lever and cable CAN stay

The spring loaded oil spout under the OEM assy on the Stock cam, MUST come out

I got the stg 1 for my BRP. I didn't notice a huge change, but felt a bit stronger pull in the upper rpm range.

I like it because it got rid of the stupid auto decomp system, which sounded like crap for years.