05 forks on 03 450?

The information I have is that the '04 and '05 YZF take the same clamp from aftermarket suppliers, so....it should work if that's true.

I'm not yet totally sure what the story with the stem is, but at the very least, the '03 stem does definitely fit the '04 clamp. That was how I did mine. What I'm not sure of is that the stem that came with my '04's was too short by around 1/2", but I don't know if that's because it was for a 250F (which is where the forks came from), or because all the '04's are different. The '04 250F and 450 have two different bottom clamps, according to the parts book.

The fork tubes on the '04 measure 59.2mm at the bottom clamp, and 55.8mm at the top.

The information I have is that the '04 and '05 YZF take the same clamp from aftermarket suppliers, so....it should work if that's true.

I'm not yet totally sure what the story with the stem is, but at the very least, the '03 stem does definitely fit the '04 clamp. That was how I did mine. What I'm not sure of is that the stem that came with my '04's was too short by around 1/2", but I don't know if that's because it was for a 250F (which is where the forks came from), or because all the '04's are different. The '04 250F and 450 have two different bottom clamps, according to the parts book.

The fork tubes on the '04 measure 59.2mm at the bottom clamp, and 55.8mm at the top.

thanks for the info. :banghead:

the stem is the same(450's) from 03-05 and the 46mm clamps are interchangeable with the 48's. i've got 03 forks on my 05 :banghead: and before my emig offsets i had 04 WR stem and clamps on it(46mm). the lower clamps are only available from yamaha with the stem, so i'd venture a guess that the 250's clamp is possibly different in stem length :banghead:

the stem is the same(450's) from 03-05 and the 46mm clamps are interchangeable with the 48's. i've got 03 forks on my 05 :banghead: and before my emig offsets i had 04 WR stem and clamps on it(46mm). the lower clamps are only available from yamaha with the stem, so i'd venture a guess that the 250's clamp is possibly different in stem length :banghead:

do your clamps come with the stem and are they offset?

I may have 05 Yamaha YZ450F forks available in a week, I'm debating parting out my bike and those will need to go. I can sell the clamps to go with the forks so you will have no problem mounting them to an 2003. What are you willing to pay?

are they stock?what spring rate?how much time on them?