Most Aggressive

Which year Yz400/426/450 would you consider were the most aggressive to ride, and also which one was the easiest to ride on.

Ride on :banghead:

The early 450's are the biggest handful, but not too much for most people if you add a 6 or 8oz weighted flywheel. The '05 is somewhat more manageable.

The 426 may be overall the easiest to ride, ignoring any starting issues with manual decompression. Lots of power, but smoothly delivered, and quite a bit lighter than the 400.

Depends on if it's mostly recreational, or mostly MX. If MX, the lower weight of the 450 makes it the only choice.

I rode a 03 YZF450. Horrible, the thing was so hard to control because of the power. They've calmed them down quite a bit now, but that year was just waaaaayyyyyy to much hit

03 450, The Mans Machine..anything else is for lesser mortals :banghead:

I rode a 03 YZF450. Horrible, the thing was so hard to control because of the power. They've calmed them down quite a bit now, but that year was just waaaaayyyyyy to much hit
My previous bike was a CR500, so when I got on the 450, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. :banghead:

My dad and I used to ride CR500s but switched to -03 YZ450Fs when the Hondas started getting a bit long in the tooth. Now I´m wondering about a suitable replacement when everythings toned down these days. The old man now rides and likes his -05 CRF450R. I might go that way when I'm 62 like him.

My previous bike was a CR500, so when I got on the 450, I couldn't see what all the fuss was about. :lol:

Exactly!! :banghead: Here i come 500cc :banghead:

To each his own....I luv that hit and a flywheel weight makes it hook up even better....

most aggressive - 03 YZF450

easiest to ride - 05 YZF450

im sure the atk 700 2 stroke is a handfull