Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtysouth

Who knows the Stock Jet setup?

4 posts in this topic

I'm itching to mod my carb for better performance and I think the JD/Boyesen/Zipty setup sounds good. Just need to learn about all the different aspects of this Mod cuz this will be my first time diggin into the carb on my bike. Is the FACTORY setup for my carb in Mobile, AL the same for someone in Colorado? That wouldn't make sense to me considering all what I have read. Where do I find my FACTORY info?

Love the jet Dbase. That's why I want the factory specs. Need to compare leak jet and pilot jet sizes etc. :banghead:

Dirty,

The factory specs are in the manual. You need to post your elevation and temp but, you're not going to be the same as Colorado.

Only thing I can really advise is to NOT go crazy with changing out all the different carb specs and add-on's.

Dirty,

The factory specs are in the manual. You need to post your elevation and temp but, you're not going to be the same as Colorado.

Only thing I can really advise is to NOT go crazy with changing out all the different carb specs and add-on's.

:banghead: Thanks dude, I wasn't looking hard enough. I don't wanna go overboard just wanna get better response off the bottom. Thanks again.

Stock Setup:

165 Main

45 Pilot

50 Leak

80 Pilot Air Jet

Non-adjustable needle

Blocked fuel screw

Read my post on "Dialing in the '05's Jetting" and if you have any questions, lemme know. I've spent a ton of time on the '05 jetting issue with just about every mod and aftermarket goody out there :banghead: ...SC