HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
beefjerky

wheel swap?

3 posts in this topic

I posted this in the DRZ forum also. I'm hurting for an answer so I felt the need to ask you yammie guys also. Thanks.

I have a DRZ 400 AND a wr400f. The wr has a spooged motor, and the drz has a thrown wheel bearing. Will a wr rear wheel fit a drz? the hubs look a "little" different, but the brakes look the same. I'm trying to figure this out before I attempt it so I'll know if I'm riding out of here tomorrow after work or........ NOT. Thanks in advance, this place rocks!

Yes I did a search, but "DRZ WR WHEEL SPECS" yields a whole array of results that aren't related.

Try to mount the WR wheel to the DRZ and tell us what happened. I think the brake rotor on the WR may not fit into the DRZ caliper. It will be easy to see when you have it on the bike stand.

I have a pair of KTM pre-'03 wheels in my 04 WR450. I had to machine the spacers, put a 950 Adventure disk on the rear and fit an oversized brake caliper in the front.

I looked into this pretty good and didnt find anything on DRZ wheels.