HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HondaXR650L

Edelbrock Q.S. questions.

2 posts in this topic

I just installed my Q.S. on my 2002 L and was wondering, what size needle and how many clicks do you use? I am having to turn the idle way up and give it five shots of gas just to get it started, :banghead: then turn the idle down as the bike warms up. (The mornings haven't even gotten really cold yet and I will be driving it year round so this is kinda important.) I am using the stock needle and the recommended number of clicks. So I ask the knowledgeable experts at Thumpertalk for help.

well a plug check would be a good thing to do. for the hard starting, sounds like your a little lean, if you read the instruction book you got with the carb, it will have a lot of helpful hints to getting your bike to run right. Oh and dont adjust your accerator pump b just reving it while turning the screw, the bike has to have a load on it to get accurate results. With the engine work I have now, I still have the 16E needle in there, all the way to the richestest. Dont know what iam at for the acc. pump settings. For stock exhaust and air box/filter, might wanna try the 15E. Good luck.

Zack