Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fatboyrv

would it hurt

6 posts in this topic

if i ran 110 octone in my bike ive bever ran it before in it i always run 91 it all stock but if i wanted to do it would it hurt my 2001 yz 426

I don't think it would hurt. Some guys have mixed 110 and 91 50/50 but the bike runs good on 91(it is design for pump gas) . Why waste the money on the race fuel?

If you don't have any engine mods it's a waste of money. It'll just go out the pipe. If it's stock just run premium.

if i ran 110 octone in my bike ive bever ran it before in it i always run 91 it all stock but if i wanted to do it would it hurt my 2001 yz 426

It will deteriate the carb seals over time - Forget 110, get some VP U4 - it will add power w/o the negative carb results. You must drain carb after each use to keep vapor gum from getting in the carb.

To each his own about using race gas - that is all I use exclusively..... :banghead:

Race gas is consistent and I have never fouled a plug when I am using it. 110 runs great in mine, I also ran the VP4 maybe it had more power I couldnt tell. Never had a gumming problem with either. I do turn off the petcock and run the carb dry but I never drain the tank. Now that Bush took off some restrictions on the refining of gasoline who knows what will happen.

It will deteriate the carb seals over time - Forget 110, get some VP U4 - it will add power w/o the negative carb results. You must drain carb after each use to keep vapor gum from getting in the carb.

To each his own about using race gas - that is all I use exclusively..... :banghead:

How long does it take to deteriorate the carb seals????? I've ran Citgo 110 leaded race fuel for 3 years with no problems.

To answer the original question....Yes, you can run 110 octane fuel in a stock 426. :banghead: