HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtysouth

Factory cracking on downshift/decel

4 posts in this topic

Wut do I need to do about this. Got a thousand miles on my bike and has been doing this since I got it. (05 WR450) I think it sounds cool but not familiar enough with the fourstrokes to know whether or not I am damaging the head etc. Anybody Know? :banghead::banghead::lol:

By the way this bike is plated and rolls the street/sidewalk/ditch/trail almost daily so the decel is sometimes a repetitious thing.

WHAT?!?! Do you mean that it's popping/backfiring? Order the AIS removal kit from the TT store and that should solve your problem. If that's what you're talking about.

try a 48 pilot , buy an adjustable fuel screw set it to 1.75 turns and buy the adjustable 04 needle and put it in clip #4. :banghead:

My header was offline from the dealers, air leaks in the exhaust system can cause

cracking, but I would go for a #48 pilot or even #50 pilot.

Get a zip ty fuel mixture screw if you haven't got one, it saves a lot of pain.