Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shawn_Mc

Shot in the dark

6 posts in this topic

A guy gave me an 83' XR500R. Its got a solid 7/8" handle bar mount. Does anyone know of a later model top clamp with a rubber mounted bar perch that will fit?

Ive got mounts and a set of pro tapers Id like to mount up if I could get a top clamp...

A guy gave me an 83' XR500R. Its got a solid 7/8" handle bar mount. Does anyone know of a later model top clamp with a rubber mounted bar perch that will fit?

Ive got mounts and a set of pro tapers Id like to mount up if I could get a top clamp...

You're (probably) going to have to do your own research on this one. You'll need to know the steering head tube and the fork tube diameters in order to properly size the triple clamps. I'd replace the upper and lower as matched set. Older CR-type clamps "might" work that aftermarket companies might still make, if you can find the right sizes. :banghead:

Call Baja Designs or XR's Only. If anybody would know, it's probably them. Good luck.

Well, i guess its time to pick up the phone...

thanks...

Ive got a complete spare clamp from my CRF...I wonder if the stem and bearing are compatable? I'll try it this weekend, if it works I'll just throw a CRF complete front end on the thing....

if its just the standard size pro tapers instead of the fat bars they will fit on the 83 XR500R top triple clamps.

I know this because I own one and have pro tapers on it :banghead: