HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mike_from_WA

Bent Bars

2 posts in this topic

I have a set of Renthal bars that took a fairly good hit on one side in a "high side" spill. :D The bars are slightly bent back and down on one side. It is noticable but just barely.

Has anyone had any success straightening out bent aluminum bars? If so how? :D

I suppose if I ride with them this way long enough I probably won't notice it as much. :)

I had a pair of Moose bars I bent back by removing my hand guard and placing a steel rod about 5" into the bar end. I placed the steering in full lock and pushed the rod until the bars were striaght. It helps to have a buddy hold the bike.

------------------

2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Works Connection Radiator Guards , Michelin M-12, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed, Gray Wire Mod.