Corbin Seat For XR650R

I wanted a new seat for my dual sported XR650R so my wife can ride with me. I looked at Corbin's web site and they don't offer a seat for the "R". I called about a seat and they told me to bring my bike down and they can build me a seat. Maybe I can work out a deal or at least get the ball rolling for other people that would like a XR650R seat once they get the design from my bike. The guy told me it should cost about the same as the other off road bike seats which is about $269 if I remember right.

There phone # is 1-800-538-7035 if anyone else is interested. I know after I did a 500 mile dual sport ride last week end my butt was sore. When I ride Baja I stand up most the time so I haven't had a problem before. But it's not cool to stand up on the freeway let me tell you :banghead:

I had major issues with monkey butt on my 650R until I bought a standard height, soft seat foam and a gripper seat cover. Now I don't slide around on the seat and it's much wider/softer. Nice improvement over stock, IMO.

I stand most of the time while riding anyhow. If the seat is that much of a problem, stand up. I started working my legs more due to the fact I was sitting so much during the early season. Poor form=monkey butt.

I stand most of the time while riding anyhow. If the seat is that much of a problem, stand up. I started working my legs more due to the fact I was sitting so much during the early season. Poor form=monkey butt.

Thats true. :banghead: But I guess you didn't read all of the first post. It's more for my wife that rides on the back. I have two seats and I'll have one recovered by Corbin this week end.

(There phone # is 1-800-538-7035 if anyone else is interested. I know after I did a 500 mile dual sport ride last week end my butt was sore. When I ride Baja I stand up most the time so I haven't had a problem before. But it's not cool to stand up on the freeway let me tell you )