XR650R Holes in airfilter cover

After I did my airbox mod I had a huge flat spot on the low end. I ended up running a 70s pilot jet, B53F (not "E")in the 4th position (second from bottom) and 185 main jet. The plug looked great and the bike pulled strong from idle to redline.

i would never put holes in my bike....unless it was a sm...they dont see much mud.

418ce03a.jpg

XR650R.jpg

Picture%2004.jpg

1.jpg

More air is a good thing :banghead:

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=971

it may be a good thing but note that the lowest holes are about 6 inches lower if not more than the intake on the top which means u got a way heigher chance of gettin stuck perminantly in that mud hole.

it may be a good thing but note that the lowest holes are about 6 inches lower if not more than the intake on the top which means u got a way heigher chance of gettin stuck perminantly in that mud hole.

Depending on the filter oil you use, that is not true. I have crossed water up to my seet and stalled from lack of air getting into the air box. I was going fast enough to make it but, once the aior filter was off only two drops of water were inside the air box. An air filter oiled right won't let water through. Golden Spectro air filter oil.

...An air filter oiled right won't let water through. Golden Spectro air filter oil.

checking over my av... I wish you would have told me that before!

BWB - nice job with the covers. I kinda like the linear look in the second photo. I got some screen a while ago. Now I may have to draw up something and set to cutting.