Chad Reed testing blip on a 2006

Watching Bubba this past year reminded me of 199's 250cc debut.. Hope he can pull it all together and keep it upright without killing RC.. I like watching the kid ride.

199 had awesome potential but he was more worried about his next shoe deal before winning the next race and finding a new trick for xgames wich he is pretty damn good at bye the way. Bubba already has the deals and only races so I think Bubba will take a very different route to fame than 199 did and win races.

check this out: from RacerX

October 6, 2005

Confirmed: RC on a 450 in Vegas

Ricky Carmichael just made the announcement Racer X mentioned might come this afternoon: He will ride the RM-Z450 Suzuki at the U.S. Open of Supercross. Carmichael was a guest on the USSX.com webcast, and when asked about which bike he will race this weekend, he said that will ride the thumper.

"This year I'm riding the 450 for this race," he said. "I haven't really had time to ride the two-stroke for this race, and I've been running the 450 all summer, and I just didn't feel like trying to get acclimated back to the 250.... I'm just a little more comfortable on it, but it was tough because Roger [DeCoster] really wanted me to ride the 250. But I think it's better for me to ride the 450."

im still scratching my head to figure out how you guys know its VP.. no stickers on it.. the can has rust on it which means its nice and worn.. whats not to say its a OLD vp can or just a regular barrel they picked up and use to store plain ol 91 in??????
You have either be kidding, or you've never been to a pro race. (or your nose doesn't work) One whiff, and you know it ain't Chevron.
Bubba already has the deals and only races so I think Bubba will take a very different route to fame than 199 did and win races.
The only thing I regret about Bubba was that he couldn't manage to keep his head together under the pressure. And that he couldn't stay in the rather restrictive envelope offered by the KX. But he'll get over that.

It was easier on the 125, because his corner speed and basic skills were such that all he had to do was open the throttle and keep it there. Watching him work through a pack after the little 2-stroke gave him one bad start after another was fun. He was an artist at it, and the bike had so little power he never had to think about using too much. The 250 was a different story. Bigger, heavier, and less competitive within its class than the 125 was, but does have enough horsepower that some throttle finesse is required. It's hard enough to learn that as it is, without having to push the bike to the brink just to keep up. I wish him a better ride for the next season. Watching anyone just check out from the start is getting real old.

I love my YZF dearly. I do hate to see to 2 stroke slide into oblivion though. Part of me wonders if the additional costs of maintenance (or the fact that it comes in big chunks when it does come) will take away a small portion of our new riders. The competition circuit leads the way for consumers and the 125 is already dead. The 250 might not be too far behind. Hope not. The 250 2 strokes are superb from all makes right now.

Here's hoping Reed takes the 450 to the front. I second the request for a competitive year.

As far as the bike, when I'm riding fast, I'm under the impression that it's 90% bike, 10 % rider. That old girl saves me 10 times a day when I brake to hard and that meaty torque pulls me out of what should be a stall. It makes me feel like all is right in the world.

Oh, you mean the factory 2 stroke that he couldn't beat RC on? :banghead:

I don't think he has anything to lose by trying out the new 450f. Who knows, it may be as good as he says it is, and might just give him a little advantage.

Im going to go ahead and continue to beat a dead horse when I say....

uh, did I miss something here, because as I recall chad one quite a few sx's last year INCLUDING THE TWO IN YOUR HOME STATE!!!! I GUESS YOU DIDNT THINK BEFORE YOU TYPED!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Uh, am I wrong or did Reed beat RC straight up at Daytona and 4 other sx races last year. Yes maybe RC was playing it safe in he second half but not at Daytona.

Reed had a bad start with the Anaheim 1 mud and was a bit off from skipping the Canadian rounds that RC raced. He did win the title in 04 minus RC and beat RC straight up 7 or 8 times in 03 SX making a run that came up just a few points short from St. Louis on, all on his YZ250. RC is still the man until someone takes his title regardles of race wins, but you can't say Reed could not beat RC. He can and has.

Im going to go ahead and continue to beat a dead horse when I say....

uh, did I miss something here, because as I recall chad one quite a few sx's last year INCLUDING THE TWO IN YOUR HOME STATE!!!! I GUESS YOU DIDNT THINK BEFORE YOU TYPED!!!

Jesus... Who won the freaking title?

I'm a Chad Reed fan you idiot!

I just made the comment that he couldn't, didn't beat RC on it last year.

When I say beat, of course I'm talking about for the title.

:banghead: