HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
husky123

Black Excels on 650L?

24 posts in this topic

Is anyone running black excel rims on their 650L? My dealer's not open today and I was wondering if it was the same hub as the 600R or 650R? I'm having trouble finding a black front rim for the 650L. Thanks for any input.

Lee

Thanks jbroom, I should've clarified I was thinking of 21's and 18's not 17's. Just got an update from TCR and they will custom drill for the XRL (32 spokes) out of Excel blanks.

dude, dont put excells on a l.....its just not worth it.....its like puttin a turbo on a geo prizim.....just not practicle.

f2021f8a.jpg

dude, dont put excells on a l.....its just not worth it.....its like puttin a turbo on a geo prizim.....just not practicle.

just bought this XR650L motard and it kicks ass on sportbikes an will run with any KTM's........it is practical for me\

There are some better pics in this labusas.org thread

http://www.labusas.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=70629&highlight=

1997 XR650L. It already had the following tasty bits........

17" Excell Wheels

Works fork springs

Acerbis headlamp,front fender low mount

Maier highmount fender

Moose Flex CR high mount bar

Bar adapters

Trail Tech Endurance speedometer

Cat Eye mirror

Gaffer front brake line

Clarke fuel tank

Wiseco 10.25 piston

Hotcams stage one cam

Head ported and polished

Three angle valve job

Mikuni flat slide carb

Works Perfomance shock

New DID chain and sprockets, 42 tooth rear sprocket.

Metzeler M 1 tires

Yoshimura can

SRS forkbrace

Uni pod filter.

Dude, &%$#@! are you talking 'bout? If I got the money and want to do it then it's practical enough for me. My post was WHO has black excels on their L not WHAT do you think about black excels. Besides kid I've seen your post history and don't really care what you think. Hugs and kisses... :banghead:

don;t know why I can't post my imagestation pics here with just ......I posted a pic fomr our busa site of my new poor man's motard

I love it, it rips in the twisties and is a hoot around town and has all the goodies......got it for only $3500.......

Dude, &%$#@! are you talking 'bout? If I got the money and want to do it then it's practical enough for me. My post was WHO has black excels on their L not WHAT do you think about black excels. Besides kid I've seen your post history and don't really care what you think. Hugs and kisses... :banghead:

the 650l is not a race bike....why put race rimz on it....i understand them on a motard but otherwise its just lame.

WR, please, for your own sake, just ask yourself before you post, "Do I know what the heck I'm talking about?"

D

Check out sum of all parts. Thats where I bought my wheels and tires. They come all laced and trued, ready to bolt right onto your bike. I got black ones on my L, check out my garage, got pics in there.

And for yamaboy, dont you ever have anything good to say?!? We really dont need smart mouth kids in here!

zack

the 650l is not a race bike....why put race rimz on it....i understand them on a motard but otherwise its just lame.

Oh so it has to be a race bike for black rims...thanks for clarifying that. And here I was just going to put them out because I like them....just like my turbo charged Geo Prizm.

haha, why put expensive rimz on a bike that is made to be put through pure hell? stock is good enoug.....unless maybe u want a 19 in the rear which is very understandable.

haha, why put expensive rimz on a bike that is made to be put through pure hell? stock is good enoug.....unless maybe u want a 19 in the rear which is very understandable.

Serenity now...

yaa, i dont think of a 650l as a "put through hell" baja type motorcycle, more of an urban dirt road/light trail bike. I've tried it all before going straight to the road and it just aint there for any racing or what not. Dude, you have already said a bunch of dumb shit to anyone who wants to put 17's on their bikes (including me) and it gets old really frekin quick! Just let everyone do their own thing, no one said nothing about your half black, 1/2 a** done bike, opps. Anywho, sorry for that everyone.

Zack

Zack, the bikes coming along really nicely. You should go on ebay and get an XR600 black gripper seat cover. They fit fine, just let an auto upholstery shop install for like 15-20 shells.

would make it look much better, next mod should be a good fork brace, maybe a wave rotor...but keep up the sweet moddin'

Jim

Thanks Jim! I have been looking for a seat cover, I'll check on ebay today and see what I can find. I do wanna trim the seat a little bit to fit around the new tank and on the sides a little bit so its more comfortable... 320mm rotor kit is next on the list and I might be done, ha.

Zack

EDIT: Does the 600 seat cover fit a 650l seat?? Thanks!