XR 600/650L side panel interchangeability

I know with the battery relocation mod for the 650L you can use an XR600 left hand side panel to get rid of the bulge....now I am assuming I can use a right hand side panel to match, even with the stock exhaust bend?

Reason I ask is my RH panel melted a bit when it stuck to the muffler (long story) so there's a hole now. I'm in the middle of the battery relocation so I'm getting ready to order the XR600 panel(s) but I want to get a pair if possible. They will both mount up correctly, yes?

Thanks! :banghead:

Yes, the XR650L and XR600R right side panels are the same. Only the left differs.

MGS

Some pictures would be very appreciated of your battery relocation and the finished product Superfly. :banghead:

Sweet, it should work then. Don't get your hopes up of the battery mod, I saw one where a guy just took the whole existing box and moved it upside-down underneath the rear fender. Normally this would probably bottom out but I'm building a supermoto with 17" wheels which I plan on commuting with and screwing around the street, and those two factors combined with my 140lb self means I won't be rubbing rear tire anytime soon.

anyone know where to find black side pannels for a 650l?

sorry for refreshing this old topic...

seems like everyone's looking for black siude panels for XR650L... well I'm looking for White panels for the same bike (but where I live this bike's not been produced)

any suggestion?

anyone selling a pair new or used ?

there are multiple sites online that sell them. the black ones seem hard to get here!

there are multiple sites online that sell them. the black ones seem hard to get here!

multiple sites ? I can't even find one :banghead:

The only panels I find are for 600 (with left flat panel);

do you have some links for these sites? thanks

multiple sites ? I can't even find one :banghead:

The only panels I find are for 600 (with left flat panel);

do you have some links for these sites? thanks

I haven't seen any XRL side covers,only XR600 side covers.

Pics of mine. Click the thumbnails for big pic.

th_100_8451.jpg

th_100_8452.jpg

th_100_8453.jpg

th_100_8454.jpg

th_100_8456.jpg