help needed..

hi guy's to cut along story short i bought a wr450 thinking it would suit my type or riding? but now the kids ride all the time also only at mx tracks :banghead: so what i need to do is make my wr into a yz? because the wr i feel doesn't handle the mx side all that well.. :applause: can anyone help please..

Depends on how you ride it at the MX track. If you aren't racing it the WR should get around just fine. If you are wanting to race it you might look into stiffening up the suspension. Just like simon@vic said, a YZ cam and suspension mods would get you closer to a YZ.

Strip the bike of all it's lights, a rear YZ fender will save you a couple of pounds by itself, and replace the front head light with a YZ plate. Swap out the stock tank with a YZ tank (if you have an 03 or 04). Take the kickstand and mount off the bike and find a nice used YZ exhaust system for the track. As far as the engine goes, just leave the thing alone.. You could spend hundreds on a cam change and still be left with a gappy wannabe tranny for the track. I ride my bike on the track from time to time, it does fine until I ride my buddies YZ250F then my bike isn't fun anymore...