The Ultimate Licence Loser !

The ultimate liscense loser phrase fits these bike's all to well, i got addicted to doing 3rd gear wheelie's the first day i got mine street legal, and haven't turned back yet, just getting better at doing them longer which is probably a bad thing :banghead: oh well, its to much fun to stop! Bike looks great by the way, i almost put the money up for some 17" excel's, but had a sudden slap in the face and realized i can't spend money like that right now. But hey, 17" wheels don't stop me from doing wheelie's all day with a huge smile

Not trying to steal your thread, but what fork boots are you running on your XR650R (the red ones). I've had two sets of the stock boots rip apart, and I was thinking of going to a rubber set.

Not trying to steal your thread, but what fork boots are you running on your XR650R (the red ones). I've had two sets of the stock boots rip apart, and I was thinking of going to a rubber set.

The boots are made from rubber, by 'Pro Grip'. Not sure where the previous owner bought them from - try a google search. I bought the bike in the UK as standard enduro bike, but the fork boots were already fitted. Am debating whether I will remove them or not as I won't be taking it off-road.

Edit - Look here

http://www.inchains.co.uk/static/PRO-GRIP-PRO-GRIP-FORK-GATORS-PGFG.htm

Ferg

Heat insulating wrap, keep headers cooler so teh high temperature of the headers does not stay around your legs, radiators or the engine.. makes tight trail riding much cooler, on the pavement it doesn't really matter.

Actually the idea is to keep the headers hotter. This increases scavaging, and gives more power. It has the side benefit of keeping your legs cool. It makes a huge difference on a SM bike.