HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hill5150

It happened..Honda will get a letter from me

8 posts in this topic

The godddamn footpeg, today, luckily I didn't dumpit, wasn't real fun riding back to base w/ peg- leg, anyhow, I need the fix, Animalhousedesign.net,correct?

The godddamn footpeg, today, luckily I didn't dumpit, wasn't real fun riding back to base w/ peg- leg, anyhow, I need the fix, Animalhousedesign.net,correct?

You would think that there would be a recall on that. Or is there one an I'm not awheir of it?

Yeah, I'm really surprised somebody hasn't gotten hurt bad. Looks like a law suit just waiting to happen. I'm just glad that I read about it here first so I could get the fix before it broke.

The letter to Honda probably won't do much, but definitely send it. Anybody who has this problem needs to report it to both the NHTSA and the CPSC. Please file a complaint to both these government agencies to hold Honda accountable. Then get kritter's fix and you'll be set for life.

Here's the link to file your complaints online to the NHTSA...

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Here's the phone number and link to the CPSC: 1-800-638-2772

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/pubs/178.html

I wonder what effect it would have, to do a Search in here regarding the footpeg problem, and print off a selection of the posts, ... taking those comments to a class-action ambulance-chaser for action against Honda ? (see, I've lived in CA just long enough to get sue-happy, too ) :banghead:

There have been complaints about for several years on TT.

Honda knows all about it. Their race bikes have the 'fix'.

Look here:

www.1xinternational.com and you will see another source for the fix...

I know of two injuries from breaking footpegs. My impression is that about 1/3rd of the bikes eventually break. Would be an interesting poll.

I dont think Honda will do anything--they never admitted to the valve fiasco on the X bike. And for 6 years they have made our bike with a potentially dangerous issue.

If it was a KTM or Husqvarna or even Yamaha it would have been fixed immediatley--and the magazines would jump all over it....but Honda is somehow above the rules of the game.... :banghead: