HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dave_VanBrocklin

Enduro in Roselawn IN April 8

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if anyone has more info on the enduro being run in roselawn? I am thinking of riding it, and would like directions Etc.Also does the bike need to be road legal(IE headlight , taillight, license plate?)Has anyone ever ridden this course before? What type of terrain? Is anyone from this forum riding it? Let me know.

Thanks

Dave

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior

I'm going. I ran the Roselawn enduro last August. It was my first ever. At the time I had an XT350 Dual Sport and didn't finish. That race alone motivated me to go find a WR400, which I will ride in this event. The terrain is mostly sand and clay. Lots of whoops, downed logs, and a few creek crossings. Nothing real treacherous. In August it was about a 65 mile course. I only made it 28 miles before nearly dying. I have ridden alot since and have practiced under similar conditions. I expect to finish this time. There were 250 racers and it was well organized.

As far as street legal equipment goes, they didn't have a sound check, or inspection. They recommended head and tail lights but assured us that it wasn't a big deal if we didn't. My buddy took a KX500 MX'r so we taped a Tap-light to the number plate and they let him ride. It looked really bad but they just winked and said be careful. some of the race is on Public roads, to get to one part of the course to another. They pay the local County Sherriff's guys to patrol the event, but they were very leanient.

The weirdest part of the race is that it actually starts out in the parking lot of a Nudest Colony and part of the race last year the Nudes were lined up against the fence cheering us on. They were all fat, old, and ugly. I don't think they will be lining the fences on April 8th. Last years motto was "Watch out for the Bares".

If you need any more info let me know and I can email my work number.

All in all it was a blast and I highly recommend the event.

Great, that is what I needed to know, I will put my WR fender back on and Install my headlight.I am bringing my wife along, so I'm sure she will appreciate the nudists!!! Maybe I'll see ya there, and thanks for the info.

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior

Dave,

Where is roselawn, and who is putting on the event.

YZ400Court

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

I saw the enduro on the schedule of events in the AMA cycle news, It is put on by a local club(Hill and Gully?). Roselawn is south of Chicago by about 30miles from the looks on the map. I do need to get directions if anybody has them.I am going to Attica IN Friday and Saturday with my wife 4 wheeling,then on my way home I am going to Roselawn.

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior

It is near the SouthEast corner of the intersection of Indiana 55 & 10. From Attica you can take 41 North to 10 then turn East, or from Attica head back to 65 head North to 10 then head east.

In general it is 5 miles east of Illinois Indiana border and approx. 30-40 miles south of 80/94.

If any on is coming from the North, it is better to come South on 65 instead of 41.

I'll have a White Ford F350 Dually with a camper and a little Red flatbed trailer.

How is Attica for dirt bikes?

I've only been there with ATV's, I will let you know. I don't know if it will be much fun, other than the woods riding they have. It is pretty wide open, I like the more technical stuff.I'll look for you, I have a Blue 01 F-150 with a camper and I'll have a trailer with the Quads and the bike. Thanks for the directions.

------------------

00 WZ400

01 Yamaha Raptor

99 Kawasaki ZRX1100

99 Yamaha Warrior