HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
higgy426

5000 feet above sea level

3 posts in this topic

I am going riding in a place that is 5000 fasl and i am currently at about 1000 my jetting is stock and i have white bros pipe.

what jetting should i go with before i go out

there? i really don't want to work on bike while i am out there.

thanks for your help!!!

mike

I am not the expert but will offer my "opinion". I live at 4500 ft. I have a '00 wr 400, stock jetting. I just recently added the white bros E series, s bend. I have no problems whatsoever. I have ridden as high as 6200 ft where it did a little backfiring but that was it. I rode all day today at about 2500 ft. All went well. My motto, "If it aint broke, dont fix it".

Just for info, the only time I have noted any loss of power or lack of performance was when it was 30 degrees outside. Bike felt sluggish.

Hope this helps.

I live in Albuquerque NM. I ride between 5000 and 6000 ft. Nobody else likes my jetting but here it is. Also I have stock exhaust with baffle out, airbox lid removed.

pilot 48 when cold 45 when above 75 F

Main 180

Needle yz er needle 3rd clip position

fuel screw stock 1.5 i think

just my 2 cents

Dave

------------------

y2k wr, airbox lid and baffle removed, 180 main, 45 pilot, 426yz er needle,

wr timing