HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cirus

Which tire & chain?

11 posts in this topic

Well, the stock chain has stretched about as far as I can stretch it and the stock Dunlop 739 has no square edges left on it. So, what chain do you guys recommend and what rear tire? I ride mostly hard packed tracks.

Iam not to sure about tires but, I'm running the D.I.D 520 Ert(or something like that) on my 03 yz450f and never had to tighten it yet. Its probably one of the strongest chains around you won't be disappointed

I put a DID x-ring chain on my 450. No adjustments since. Not sure on a pure hard pack tire. I went with Pirelli MT 32's and like them. I might try the Dunlop 952's for my next set to compare them to the Pirelli.

Get yourself a DID 0-ring chain or an X-ring, they will outlast a regular chain by double or better. As for a tire I always run the Bridgestone M602 and its a long laster and gets really good traction.

4-years of play and race riding, my vote is DID X-Ring Gold, one initial adjustment and never again, and 756RR front with MAxiss IT rear, that was the best combo I have found and the chain is a no brainer.

I had the Dunlop 952 on for a month or so and it's the best tire I've used yet.The wear factor is fantastic and feels more predictable in corners than some of the softer tires I've tried.And it throws a hell of a roost-it's like a mini-paddle tire. :banghead:

I had the Dunlop 952 on for a month or so and it's the best tire I've used yet.The wear factor is fantastic and feels more predictable in corners than some of the softer tires I've tried.And it throws a hell of a roost-it's like a mini-paddle tire. :banghead:

Are you using the 952 on front and back?

My 03' 450 eats rear alloy sprockets (but I run them anyway). I can't get past the price on that IronMan sprocket. I've been running Renthal in the rear, but I just switched to Tag. We'll see if theres a durability difference soon. I think the best chain by far is the DID 520 ERT. They hold up great with proper maint. I only run Dunlops, 756 rear and 739 up front, I've tried others and nothing works better for me. Good luck