My XR650L SUCKS! It won't start, and I can't get the spark plug out...

how the hell do you get the spark plug out? I removed the seat and tank and still couldn't get it out, what size socket do you need, cause the socket I use on every other spark plug out there doesn't loosen it at all!

Now I'm missing classes today cause of this stupid bike.

Dude if you need help getting a spark plug out, sell the bike and stay in school. J/K

On a serious note, It's an 18mm socket I believe and it's damn tight quarters on that head. You may have to buy the socket and scuff it down to fit right.

Go to Honda and buy a spark plug puller. Its cheap and you shoudl have one with you when you ride anyway.

It is pretty tight and all my sockets were to thick to fit correctly around the plug.

Did the bike come with the toolkit?

With the plug tool in the kit, its pretty easy.

D

yeah only the stock one will work...or a replacement from a moto shop. drive down to PB and i'll give yoou a hand, oh wait it wont start...well offer stands anyways, oh and my roomate is a technician so maybe he can help...

yeah only the stock one will work...or a replacement from a moto shop. drive down to PB and i'll give yoou a hand, oh wait it wont start...well offer stands anyways, oh and my roomate is a technician so maybe he can help...

I use a Craftsman. Any auto spark plug socket will work.

MGS

"I use a Craftsman. Any auto spark plug socket will work."

I disagree the one tried first was a friends Snap On and would not clear enough to grab the plug.

Bought the thin wall socket, MUCH easier to get out with the right socket hahaha!

Turns out the spark plug cable had some sort of problem, when I put pressure on it in certain directions it fired right up. Of course, when I tested the plug it always sparked, must have been a coincident, cause everytime I put the plug back in the bike wouldn't turn over.

I pulled the cap off the spark plug cable and pulled the wire out a little more, so far so good! I'm starting to know more about this bike than most should ever have to know...but it's good!