HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
450_rider

How often should you repack a muffler?

5 posts in this topic

I have a FMF Ti-4 and i have had it for one season and i was wondering, howoften should i repack it and what should i look for to know when to repack it. :banghead:

thanks

I would say you are probably overdue :lol: I have the same exhaust and I at least check it every 3 months. I ride about 3-5 hours every week in the summer and about 10 hrs a week once dune season hits. In one year I have repacked mine 3 times. It couldnt be an easier with that Ti 4 pipe. About a 15-30 min job. Worst part is messin with silicone :applause: FMF packing is about $10, make sure you buy the right packing specific for the Ti 4 pipe. Directions are on the back of the packaging.

1. loss of power, feals like a fouled plug

2. really loud two stroke sound

3. runs like total s#&t

Check it when you get a chance, its EZ :banghead:

Thanks guys looks like i got some work to do never relized how over due i am all thoughs symptoms you told me feels like a fouled plug, loss of power...etc feels exactly like that.