XR600R Frame Question.

I was wondering if anyone knew if there was a way to upgrade to an aluminum frame on a XR600R with out buying an XR650R.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket manufacturer that makes aluminum frames or maybe a website.

If anyone can help me out that would be great.

I can make you one for $300,000. PM me if you are interested.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket manufacturer that makes aluminum frames or maybe a website.

There's a number of aftermarket steel frame kits which dramatically improve the 600's handling. Not sure about alloy (maybe BBR for big $$$) but not really necessary to make an improvement.

There's a number of aftermarket steel frame kits which dramatically improve the 600's handling. Not sure about alloy (maybe BBR for big $$$) but not really necessary to make an improvement.

Any names you could share...?

Why would you want to upgrade the frame?

Why would you want to upgrade the frame?

agreed. i still kinda think my old steeel frame 600 handled better that the AL frame 650 i ride now...

easier to straighten and weld too

I was seriously considering going that route with my old 600 before going to the 650. The Trak frame kit was one that got great press. Much stronger and more rigid then the stocker... getting rid of the flexy feel of the stocker while knocking off a few pounds too! I believe there were a few other kits available, though not sure about these days as it's been out of production five years. A few internet searches may help.

Can anyone recommend a place to search for STOCK 650L frames? I'd like to find one with a title so a quality bike salvage yard would be good unless you know someone with a burnt out 650L laying around. Frame could be a prezel for all I care as long as it has a street title.