header guard for stock YZ pipe

What's a good aftermarket replacement for the stock one, mine's just a wee bit mangled on my 426. Not surprising concidering how thin they are and how often I crash. :banghead:

I have a new exhaust header with gaurd only has about 100 miles on it. it is off a 2004 wr450 there are the same.

All aftermarket guards I've looked at fit the 450 but not the 426. :banghead:

Try E-Line or Carbon Fiber Works.

Carbon Fiber Works does not make one for the 426, I checked. I've never heard of E-line, do they have a web-address?

Don't waste your time with eline they don't make it either. I am in the same boat and still have not found anything good.

Don't waste your time with eline they don't make it either. I am in the same boat and still have not found anything good.

I'm wondering.....how hard could it be to make one? Say, out of 1/8" aluminum and bent it to fit, with three hole for mounting? If I try it I'll post about it with a picture.

I'm wondering.....how hard could it be to make one? Say, out of 1/8" aluminum and bent it to fit, with three hole for mounting? If I try it I'll post about it with a picture.

Definitely the better idea... the E-Line was going for around $100. The piece of aluminum you make yours with will probably cost you a buck and a half hour of your time :banghead: