It FINALLY happend--right footpeg!

Ordered my peg fix from www.precisionconceptsracing.com today. :banghead: It's a little expensive($163 w/ 2day air) for a mod that will not make any difference to the performance of my bike :applause: . But I will have peace of mind the next time I land a big jump! :lol:

I would like a redesigned peg mount that places the footpeg in the correct location. Right now when I stand on the pegs, I can feel that they are not spaced evenly. :banghead:

I have a machinist friend that is coming to have a look at it.I sure hope he can do something with it. I hate the way it feels when jumping and landing. I miss the footpeg almost every time. Feels weird the way it is.

Ordered my peg fix from www.precisionconceptsracing.com today. :banghead: It's a little expensive($163 w/ 2day air) for a mod that will not make any difference to the performance of my bike :applause: . But I will have peace of mind the next time I land a big jump! :lol:

Coulda got mine for $75 thats better constructed with better hardware! Hind site is 20/20...

reasons the pegs break:

1. Bolt OD is smaller then peg hole ID allowing "slop" and SRC sells a shim kit to fix this but that kit doesnt work well as I have fixed several broken "shimmed" pegs

2. Large bending moment on the peg stretches bolt and then you lose the clamping force which then lets the peg slop around on the bolt that is too small.

3. Small bolts

2 ways to fix it so it wont happen again...shimming the cheesy stock honda bolt so it fits snug in the peg doesnt work so dont waste your money.

You can do what american honda does to the race bikes so you could never tell they have a problem and strip your bike down to the frame, take it to a machine shop, have them mill the 2 bosses flat, machine SS inserts and insert them and then bolt the peg back on...voila, what problem? Honda Race bikes dont run a double shear modified peg mount so there must not be a problem if the factory honda bikes dont use them right? Wrong

Or you can buy a modified peg that puts the bolt in double shear such as PC or myself sells.

Why is mine better? Well im not one to toot my own horn as most of you who know me know but here is why.

I replace the front bolt with a 7/16 bolt that fits SNUG in the peg...no slop like the 10mm OE honda crap OR the one supplied in the PC kit.

I add 10 mm to the length of the rear bolt for extra thread engangement

I use a laser cut and formed sheet metal tab and weld it to the peg(which since I started doing it I heard they followed my lead)...I dont take two pieces of angle iron, hack them up, butt weld them and then weld that to the peg and then charge you an outrageous amount of money for, although I dont put a price on safety so if there was no alternative...I would pay that price.

For you naysayers or people who dont care about safety or dont want to fix it, or are just too cheap, etc...at least go to your local bolt supply and pick up a 7/16 socket head cap screw and make the front a thru bolt...I dont guarantee this wont break but its 100 times better then the stock set up and if/when it does break...you wont need an easy out to get the bolt out.

Kritter, what do you require to do this? Mail OEM peg to you? Sounds like there are no frame mods...right?

Yes there is a frame mod...you need to drill out the front bung with a 7/16 bit to allow the larger front bolt. I have not had one issue with frame damage brought to my attention and i have my peg on several race bikes.

Sounds minor. I'll make this mod soon.

Hey Kritter, I'm in Canada and would like to order one of your pegs, instead of playing the mail game and not having a bike for three or four weeks would you order a new peg and modify it? i've never priced out a peg but it can't be that expensive. my bike is only six months old but the ims pegs probably add more stress to the bolts, so i would like to do this before i have a nasty trail story to tell

... i've never priced out a peg but it can't be that expensive...

The right peg bracket is Honda PN# 50615-MBN-670ZA and it costs $65.40 from Honda plus shipping and tax depending on where you buy it from. Some dealers will discount it down to ~$50. That's the part he modifies for the fix.

The right peg bracket is Honda PN# 50615-MBN-670ZA and it costs $65.40 from Honda plus shipping and tax depending on where you buy it from. Some dealers will discount it down to ~$50. That's the part he modifies for the fix.

Berts wants 80 some odd dollars plus tax for the thing...thats why i never offer to buy the peg for people who dont want to send me theirs...too expensive.

Hey Kritter, I'm in Canada and would like to order one of your pegs, instead of playing the mail game and not having a bike for three or four weeks would you order a new peg and modify it? i've never priced out a peg but it can't be that expensive. my bike is only six months old but the ims pegs probably add more stress to the bolts, so i would like to do this before i have a nasty trail story to tell

Ive got my demo peg...PM me and maybe we can work something out...I dont like being without a demo for too long!

Berts wants 80 some odd dollars plus tax for the thing...

Typical Berts...always has one of the highest prices around when it comes to aftermarket and OEM parts, and bikes too. I guess sometimes you'll find deals there (we have once), but I've bought brand new current year stuff cheaper than they've had on their clearance racks at times and there's no deals there on OEM parts. It's a fun place to visit cause there's so much stuff there, but I buy our stuff elsewhere since I'm usually paying for at least six people at a time.