HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
XriderR00

400 to 450 body conversion?

10 posts in this topic

Wondering if anyone can tell me what would need to be done to make 450 shrouds and tank fit on a 400. I know it's been done by at least 1 person on this site. Anyone help me out? I really like the 450 look better than the 400/426 and the graphics options etc.. are vast in comparison

here is a 400 that was done

I did this 450 conversion too.... I converted my 2000 wr400f but difference is, I used back my stock 00 subframe. The subframe are similar, the difference is in the mounting; and since the 00 wr400f comes with steel subframes, I removed and repositioned the mountings (easier to weld on the steel subframes)

here is my bike with the motard wheels...

zz.jpg:banghead:

I would like to do the same conversion with my 2002 wr426. Did you use our stock airbox? Could you send me some pic's of the required mods to the subframe. Any recommendations on seats?

Thanks for any help

Which side panels do you use in this conversion? Can you modify the stock airbox to go into a 450 subframe?