HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jj

99 WR400 vs. 01 YZ 426 exhaust

3 posts in this topic

Hey all!

I've been searching for an 01 YZ exhaust for a while and it looks like I've finally got a line on one. Anyway...

Does anyone know how the 01 YZ exhaust will differ performance wise from my 99 WR exhaust?

If there is marked performance difference I'm assuming there will be jetting changes. Any suggestions? I'm running a stock carb with a EKN in #3.

------------------

JJ from WA - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever , Moose skid plate , Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender

Hey JJ.

I can't offer any jetting advice cuz my bike's a 1999. I'm looking for a 99-2001 YZ exhaust system myself.

There is a company that makes a bolt-in insert for the YZ exhaust that allows you to use the FMF Megamax discs and endcap. This combination allows you to tune the exhaust and provides a legal spark arrestor.

Here's the link to the company and a photo of the installed disc/endcap.

http://www.bmp.motox.org/yz400.htm

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Yeah I've seen that before and in fact talked to "Bill" today. I am actually more interested in atempting to make my own spark arrestor if I can. Really all you need is to put a fine durable screen somewhere across the inside of the baffle. Anyone have any ideas?

I've got a buddy that has a 99 YZ silencer and have found another 01 silencer and dont know if there are any differences...

------------------

JJ from WA - 99 WR; WR timed, EKN Needle, Scotts stabalizer, Scotts triple clamps, Pro-Tapers, Michelin S-12's, Terry Cable hot start, MSR Raptor clutch lever , Moose skid plate , Works frame guards, Acerbis Pro Rally guards, Renthal MD-soft grips, Factory Effex graphics, YZ IMS seat base, YZ Factory Effex seat foam and gripper seat cover, YZ rear fender