Fastway, Powerpegz or IMS

I hate the :applause: stock footpegs! I feel like I'm having to do a balancing act on the damn things, so I want something bigger. Since size matters, at least in this context, what're my best options of the three? I'm leaning towards the Fastways, but I'm open to other suggestions. The concept of the Powerpegz is a bit innovative, but I don't know if I'd benefit from them. The IMS Pro Series SS are also contenders, but I can get the Fastways for the same price. Lemme have it folks, where should I blow my hard-earned dolares? :banghead:...SC

I am looking at the Fastway's too.

I wonder if lowering the pegs half an inch will make a difference?

Im 6'3" so I guess anything will help.

The GYTR Titanium ones sure do look sweet and are over 2" wide too, but

@ $205, these are overpriced.

ive been thinking about powerpegz, also i just went to the australian motorcycle expo and saw these www.rocstompa.com, very beefy, 7071 t9 aluminium i think, very strong, now i cant decide whether to get those or powerpegz...

I recently faced the same decision and I've got to tell you I went with the PowerPegs and I love them. The Fastways were my second choice and they do have a larger platform, but I liked the idea of the pivoting surface. Going down hills and being able to rock back on the pegs is great and very reassuring. It's a quality product and the tension is adjustable and for a hundred bucks it was a good deal. That's my .02. :banghead:

I'm sure you already searched Powerpegz in the forums, but in case you haven't found much info, I recall NCMoutainMan put some on his bike sometime this spring. At that time, he loved them, but then he changed bikes (to a YZF). Wonder if he still has them. Since he races H/S, it would be good to get his opinion after a few months of riding/racing with Powerpegz. Maybe try to PM him. I haven't read much about them, but I only recall reading about two people that have put these on (WR4BLUE6 and NCMM) and both liked them, so might be worth trying them out. Also, I think Indy went riding with NCMM this spring, not sure if NCMM already had the Powerpegz installed, but maybe Indy got a chance to try them out as well.

my buddy works over @ IMS and I got a lil sneak peek of the new pegs there putting together....wider is better.

I hate the :applause: stock footpegs! I feel like I'm having to do a balancing on the damn things, so I want something bigger. Since size matters, at least in this context, what're my best options of the three? I'm leaning towards the Fastways, but I'm open to other suggestions. The concept of the Powerpegz is a bit innovative, but I don't know if I'd benefit from them. The IMS Pro Series SS are also contenders, but I can get the Fastways for the same price. Lemme have it folks, where should I blow my hard-earned dolares? :banghead:...SC

You crack me up clark...I am days away from my deer hunting trip and 2 weeks after that my elk hunting trip....so I am distracted for now....but when I get back I will assume the spend money ,buy stuff for my bike position.... :lol:

Well I broke down and bought the Fastways today. I'd never seen them in person and when I opened the box...Great Odin's Chamber Pot! Those bad boys are huge! I'm tempted to stay up late and mount those things tonight. If I don't, the bike's going to work with me and I'll do it there. I'm as excited as a school girl with fresh cotton panties :banghead::applause::lol: ...SC

Well, I pissed my wife off and stayed in the garage until 10 tonight installing the pegs and adjusting other sundry items. What's the worst she can do to me, withhold sex? Why does she think I bought the WR? :applause: But anyway, I got the Fastways mounted and just kind of bench tested them with the bike on the stand and wow! Talk about a planted feeling. I ran them with one large shim on each "FKMS" bolt so I have the slightest upward slant on them, forcing my knees inward. I also ran them with the short cleats on the leading edge and the longer cleats on the middle and rear spars. They feel great just standing there in my Vans, so I'm expecting great things on Sunday with the trial run. I did have one little hitch in my giddy-up during installation. I had to grind about 1mm off both upper footpeg mounts to get enough clearance to insert the mounting pin and for full rotation of the footpeg once mounted. No big deal, just a little Dremel action and touch up paint and then it was all gravy. I also had to rotate my shift lever back to stock position as I had been running it one notch lower and the Fastways made it a tight fit even in my kicks. No more tightrope walking, what a concept :banghead: ...SC

I've had the Fastway pegs for a year now and love them. I just put them in the low boy postion and love them even more now. I think the bike handels a lot better and it's easier to go from the seat to standing.

I'm sure you already searched Powerpegz in the forums, but in case you haven't found much info, I recall NCMoutainMan put some on his bike sometime this spring. At that time, he loved them, but then he changed bikes (to a YZF). Wonder if he still has them. Since he races H/S, it would be good to get his opinion after a few months of riding/racing with Powerpegz. Maybe try to PM him. I haven't read much about them, but I only recall reading about two people that have put these on (WR4BLUE6 and NCMM) and both liked them, so might be worth trying them out. Also, I think Indy went riding with NCMM this spring, not sure if NCMM already had the Powerpegz installed, but maybe Indy got a chance to try them out as well.

heck ya i put'em on the yz! sold the stock ti's for almost enough to pay for'em! they're down to$99.95 now. wider platform,and a whole new range of motion;its almost like improving on your suspension. powerpegz is where its at :banghead::applause:

If you really want big pegs, go Fastway F3 or Lightspeed.

$100 for each set (2). Most off-road guys prefer the Fastway's. Check them both out.

heck ya i put'em on the yz! sold the stock ti's for almost enough to pay for'em! they're down to$99.95 now. wider platform,and a whole new range of motion;its almost like improving on your suspension. powerpegz is where its at :banghead::applause:

Thanks NCMM, glad to hear you still like them! Hopefully Santa will be nice to me this year...

For those thinking of getting a set of Fastways, here are a couple of pics installed on my '05...SC

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

I think for the taller riders it would be good to have the pivot action. Especially in the low boy position. In low boy they drop and go back. I felt I lost some of the platform being set back in low boy. I haven't put my Power Pegz on yet. The pivoting will help. Look at Mt. Bikes, BMX, and all other bikes. we all rode, they had the pivot motion, did we complain. We had the total platform. Whats the difference now. I think I will like them. Since I have a size 15 boot.

I just purchased a set of the powerpegz after reading this thread and then going to their website. They can't be any worse then my stockers that are worn out. :applause:

Well, I pissed my wife off! What's the worst she can do to me, withhold sex? Why does she think I bought the WR? :cry:

Classic! :applause::bonk::cry:

For those thinking of getting a set of Fastways, here are a couple of pics installed on my '05...SC

IMG_0443.jpg

IMG_0444.jpg

Hey Clark,

Still got those pics? Photobucket says they have been moved or deleted? :thumbsup:

Do you have any regrets yet with them or are the fastways worth the bucks?

I cleaned out my Photobucket account a while back so they're gone. I have no regrets about the Fastways. The only thing I would recommend is to cut a groove in the top of each little peg as they tend to fill up with dirt/mud and loose some of their grip. If you need to replace them later, you can use a vise grip to turn 'em out with no problem...SC