HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jeffw

Same question....still looking for others .02

10 posts in this topic

All right, looking to get an e button light enduro (almost anything is light after the BRP ) I can occassional play w/ at the MX track. Here are my options:

'05 CRF450X $7,000 out the door

or

'04 (new leftover) WR450f $5700 out the door

damn choices....... :banghead:

Thanks for any input

(same post on the CRF forum)

All right, looking to get an e button light enduro (almost anything is light after the BRP ) I can occassional play w/ at the MX track. Here are my options:

'05 CRF450X $7,000 out the door

or

damn choices....... :banghead:

Thanks for any input

(same post on the CRF forum)

you can get an 05 wr for 6 grand and the valves wont fly out your pipe like a shotgun... :applause:

by the way , I can afford to buy anything I want , well almost ...anyway I have the wr and wouldnt do it any different.... :banghead:

I've had almost nothing but Hondas before but this time went with 05wr 450 after trying a couple of other options. The 05 is very different from the 04. Is there anybody you know that has either of the machines you want that will let you try out before you buy.

You can get an '05 WR450 for $5700 or less OTD if you shop around. That's what I paid in January and I know they're cheaper now that the '06's are out.

I sold my 2002 xr650r 4 months ago. Bought a lightly used 2002 wr426. I loved the big red pig, dont get me wrong but the difference is HUGE. The power to weight ratio is significant and the maintenance isnt much different. I can ride faster/longer/and safer on the WR cause its so much lighter i dont get as fatigued as i did on the BRP. The slight low end bog on my bike is my only gripe. That will be addressed and eliminated soon. Just like any bike, you have to tweak it a little to unlock ALL the potential out of it!

I sold my 2002 xr650r 4 months ago. Bought a lightly used 2002 wr426. I loved the big red pig, dont get me wrong but the difference is HUGE. The power to weight ratio is significant and the maintenance isnt much different. I can ride faster/longer/and safer on the WR cause its so much lighter i dont get as fatigued as i did on the BRP. The slight low end bog on my bike is my only gripe. That will be addressed and eliminated soon. Just like any bike, you have to tweak it a little to unlock ALL the potential out of it!

Just the input I was lookin' for....thks! :banghead: