Headlight on a 2002 YZ426F ???

Ya.. no battery needed if you have a good lighting coil, some guys go the cheap route and run only a battery and dont bother with the coil. I reccommend the Baja Designs 180watt external coil... expensive but puts out tons of power for some serious light!

I dont think anybody with a YZF is running a battery for lights...there isn't a place to put it.

Yes there is.. in the airbox! Now its going to be a small one of course. I am currently using the Electrex USA 45watt coil in my 426 and I have to run a small battery with it so my turn signals will work at idle and so my headlight wont dimm out. Thats why Im getting the BD one this winter.

thanks man

this is the headlight i have ordered

CYCLOPS HEADLIGHT

The first approved headlight for all on and off-road bikes. It can be

used on non-fairing bikes to street fighters. Exclusive customized

design: nylon surround, polypropylene numberplate, polycarbonate

reflector, cast aluminum headlight body and tempered glass lens.

• DOT and SAE approved

• Adjustable angle

• Universal fitting with anti-vibration rubber strips

• Removable number plate; available in a wide variety of colors

• Protective, transparent polycarbonate lens cover supplied for off-road use

• Heat resistant plastic headlight support

• Spot light fitted with 55 W halogen bulb, Flood light fitted with 55 W halogen bulb and 5W incandescent bulb

Would this run that ? or not

ElectroSport ESL380 Lighting Stator

4-pole lighting stator with 50W lighting output. includes backing plate, pulser coil, pre-wired ready to install. Comes with our industry leading one year warranty.

Yeah.. that will work but you will need to run low wattage headlight bulbs. Probably 20watt bulbs per side. The light will flicker at idle and you will need a battery if you plan on running turn signals. You can get away with no battery if you run LED taillight. The Baja Desighs is much better cause you can run 70watts per side easily. My coil only puts out 45 watts and thats bare minimum for a headlight.. but I dont ride my bike at night so it really doesnt matter to me... its really only there so it can be legally plated for street.

I asked about this one too and it seems really weak. I went with a WR stator and flywheel. I think you still can on your bike but on the newer 450s Im not so sure it will fit. The Yamaha parts are alot cheaper than the external one, although that one looks very easy to install if youve got the scratch. Moose racing has a trailsport harness (actually Electrex makes it for them) that you can buy from Dennis Kirk. It has the handlebar switch for the lights, and a kill switch, and a voltage regulator. The battery in question is for those fortunate enough to be able to street plate their bike. Its required by most states that the taillight stay on for something like 20 minutes. I originally bought the Dakar dual sport kit for my 400, and it in fact has a battery built into the controller behind the headlight. Go to Electrex.com for instructions on modifying the WR stator for your YZ if this is the route you take. ( Its very simple) Im waiting for my UFO twin headlight as I write, along with a WR replacement rear fender with taillight. The Cyclops one looked cool, but a little too Star-Treckish for me. Put up a pic when you get it on there tough, Id like to see how it actually looks! The other advantage of the WR set up is the heavier flywheel which makes it less easy to stall.

Does this AZMOTORSPORTS know what they are talking about? They want to sell you a replacement charging coil and still want you to get your stator rewound? That doesnt make sence.. A stock coil is mounted to your stator plate behind your flywheel.. it has 4 posts on it, and all 4 are wound for IGNITION. When you buy an aftermarket coil to run your lights it will also have 4 posts, but 2 are wound for charging and the other 2 are for ignition. The new part is going to be a direct swap over.. so you wont have to re-wind anything. Also, any coil you can fit behind the tiny flywheel that a YZ426 has isnt going to push any more than 50 watts, I'll guarentee that. So like I mentioned before... you will likely end up with two 20watt bulbs for headlight, and run an LED taillight and you will be fine.. BUT your lighting wont be all that bright so dont rely on this unit if you are doing a ton of night riding... Trust me.. been there, done that.. and if you want a REAL headlight get the Baja Designs one.. its worth the money. If your happy with 50watt output, PM me and I will sell ya mine! Im getting the Baja one so I wont need mine.. Paid $220 USD for it and you can have it for $120 if you are interested.

Is this baja desighns kit for dual sporting a yz ??

I am looking for a wr to dual sport..Theres not many of them in the trader

but a bunch of nice yz 450s for around 3000.00...

Can I dual sport it for around 500.00...??

Baja Designs has everything you need to get your bike completly dual sported... but $500 will only get you the charge coil, lights are extra. Its cheaper to just buy their coil and make the rest of the kit up yourself. Check out "my garage" and check out what I did with mine.