426 Front Brake Line

Crashed last week with a tree that struck my bike between the radiator shroud and the frame. It also looks to have bent my brake line where it goes into the master cylinder. I can't remember if it had a bend in it before from the factory or is it supposed to be straight. I am leaking fluid where the line ties into the cylinder. Don't know if it is not "seating" correctly or not. Looks like it is but obviously something is wrong. Tightened everything and rebled the brakes and still leaky!!! Any suggestions-can the line be bent back?

brakes, in my opinion, are like boots....dont skimp, EVER.

Get yourself a steel braided brake line for 50 bucks and ride rather than worry.

good luck!

Crashed last week with a tree that struck my bike between the radiator shroud and the frame. It also looks to have bent my brake line where it goes into the master cylinder. I can't remember if it had a bend in it before from the factory or is it supposed to be straight. I am leaking fluid where the line ties into the cylinder. Don't know if it is not "seating" correctly or not. Looks like it is but obviously something is wrong. Tightened everything and rebled the brakes and still leaky!!! Any suggestions-can the line be bent back?

I had the same problem about three weeks ago. Hit a tree and bent the line near the brake fluid reservoir. It not only bent the banjo bolt, it stretched it out as well. I would put a whole new line in, rather than trying to fix the old one!!

I am glad Arizona doesn't have trees!! HEHE! I went ahead and bought the shortened version of the steel braided line and rerouted it directly to the caliper, not all the way around the fork end. Much better brakes! Make the mod! Or just try new crush washers... those little brass washers on the line........ that might work!