HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dmoney2023

Getting a new bike!

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys, should I get a new (used) bike now, like an 04' 450, or should I wait and get an 06' next year from someone who can't make the payments. I am trying to decide if I should look for a killer deal from someone who just got a new 06' or if I should wait and get an 06' later. :banghead::applause::lol:

Maybe I'll have to wait to see what everyone says about the new ones.

Any thoughts????

If I were you, I would wait til the 2007s come out. I am sure they will have more improvements that you may want.

If I were you, I would wait til the 2007s come out. I am sure they will have more improvements that you may want.

In that case why not wait till 10 years from now and it'll be even more improved, bigger and better and oooohhhhhh lala. :banghead:

In that case why not wait till 10 years from now and it'll be even more improved, bigger and better and oooohhhhhh lala. :banghead:
This is the age old quandary that we all get ourselves into. Now or Later? I remembered when I bought a Dell Pentium and knew at sometime they would be releasing the PII. But no one knew for sure, they just speculated . I ordered it, got it in and the very next week the PII hit the streets. I croaked. However, I really needed my Laptop so waiting was not a good option and I lived through it.

With that said, I don't need a new YZ450. I would like to have one, but before I rush out and buy one, I hope to have opinions from others who just can't wait for what ever their reason and make my choice based on likes and dislike of these people. There should be some mag reviews before they hit the street. This is good info if you get several sources so that you may lessen the bias toward other mfgrs that some of the mags have been known to show. If these reviews are exceptional, I would have no problem putting down the cash for one, but if the majority has problems with it, I personally would wait to hear from people who have actually bought and ridden one before I bought and regretted it. Waiting another year may or may not be the right choice.

If you can afford a new '06 (you wont find any used ones until a while after they're released) then get that...wait. The '06 is a completely new model from the ground-up and its going to be in every way far superior to the '03-'05 bikes.

If you cant wait or cant afford a brand-new bike, '03-'05 450F's are excellent machines.