HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billg

2000 xr600r-PLEASE HELP

10 posts in this topic

I have a chance to buy a 2000 xr600r for 3000.00 plus a brand new baja designs kit still new and in box. Is this a fair price? The bike has literally 25 miles on it and still has the original tires. It has been stored in a heated garage all these years and I am buying it from the original owner. It looks literally brand new and runs great!!! Also, what is the best way to unleash its power (uncorked). I have read threads on uncorking the new 650r but not the 600. What mods would you recommend without touching the motor. I am thinking elderbrock carb, pipe, header and different air cleaner/filter and rejetting her. Is this necessary on the 600 like the 650? All help is much appreciated. I am an older rider and would buy a 650r but the 600s are so damn comfortable and have very good power stock and i am curious if those simple mods would make this truely great. Am I over paying for this beauty? It truely is a museum piece sort of speak. Thanks for all your help

I have a chance to buy a 2000 xr600r for 3000.00 plus a brand new baja designs kit still new and in box. Is this a fair price? The bike has literally 25 miles on it and still has the original tires. It has been stored in a heated garage all these years and I am buying it from the original owner. It looks literally brand new and runs great!!! Also, what is the best way to unleash its power (uncorked). I have read threads on uncorking the new 650r but not the 600. What mods would you recommend without touching the motor. I am thinking elderbrock carb, pipe, header and different air cleaner/filter and rejetting her. Is this necessary on the 600 like the 650? All help is much appreciated. I am an older rider and would buy a 650r but the 600s are so damn comfortable and have very good power stock and i am curious if those simple mods would make this truely great. Am I over paying for this beauty? It truely is a museum piece sort of speak. Thanks for all your help

Buy it... Ride it... and see if you need more power. That is a collectors item. Well at least the seat is.

Being the proud owner of a 97 XR 600, I can say that if you are older (ie gonna sit a lot) the seat is worth every penny! New carb, header and pipe, adjust the gearing to your liking, and you'll be a happy camper! :applause: I would say the price is pretty fair, not a steal, but very fair.

Good Luck! :banghead:

I think that's a darn good buy. I would jump on it with only 25 miles.

It would do every thing you ask it to do plus a little more.

Are you going to ride on the street, or all dirt riding or both?

I would keep it stock for now, at least for a while until you get used to it.

A motorcycle with that kind of mileage is worth every penny.

Or you could pay 6500.00 for a new one........

My 99 was a great bike, not as good as a 650,but a real good bike.3000 bucks is a good price, if it's clean, that's what I sold mine for in 03 and it had over 20K miles.Go for it!

I might offer $2500-2800. 3000 might not be bad with the dual sport kit. seems alittle high when you can get newer 650r for that. but if it is like new I am sure it will be money well spent.

or let me buy it. :banghead: