2000 xr600r-PLEASE HELP

I have a chance to buy a 2000 xr600r for 3000.00 plus a brand new baja designs kit still new and in box. Is this a fair price? The bike has literally 25 miles on it and still has the original tires. It has been stored in a heated garage all these years and I am buying it from the original owner. It looks literally brand new and runs great!!! Also, what is the best way to unleash its power (uncorked). I have read threads on uncorking the new 650r but not the 600. What mods would you recommend without touching the motor. I am thinking elderbrock carb, pipe, header and different air cleaner/filter and rejetting her. Is this necessary on the 600 like the 650? All help is much appreciated. I am an older rider and would buy a 650r but the 600s are so damn comfortable and have very good power stock and i am curious if those simple mods would make this truely great. Am I over paying for this beauty? It truely is a museum piece sort of speak. Thanks for all your help

I have a chance to buy a 2000 xr600r for 3000.00 plus a brand new baja designs kit still new and in box. Is this a fair price? The bike has literally 25 miles on it and still has the original tires. It has been stored in a heated garage all these years and I am buying it from the original owner. It looks literally brand new and runs great!!! Also, what is the best way to unleash its power (uncorked). I have read threads on uncorking the new 650r but not the 600. What mods would you recommend without touching the motor. I am thinking elderbrock carb, pipe, header and different air cleaner/filter and rejetting her. Is this necessary on the 600 like the 650? All help is much appreciated. I am an older rider and would buy a 650r but the 600s are so damn comfortable and have very good power stock and i am curious if those simple mods would make this truely great. Am I over paying for this beauty? It truely is a museum piece sort of speak. Thanks for all your help

Buy it... Ride it... and see if you need more power. That is a collectors item. Well at least the seat is.

photos???

Being the proud owner of a 97 XR 600, I can say that if you are older (ie gonna sit a lot) the seat is worth every penny! New carb, header and pipe, adjust the gearing to your liking, and you'll be a happy camper! :applause: I would say the price is pretty fair, not a steal, but very fair.

Good Luck! :banghead:

I think that's a darn good buy. I would jump on it with only 25 miles.

It would do every thing you ask it to do plus a little more.

Are you going to ride on the street, or all dirt riding or both?

I would keep it stock for now, at least for a while until you get used to it.

A motorcycle with that kind of mileage is worth every penny.

Or you could pay 6500.00 for a new one........

My 99 was a great bike, not as good as a 650,but a real good bike.3000 bucks is a good price, if it's clean, that's what I sold mine for in 03 and it had over 20K miles.Go for it!

Did they make 650r's and 600r's in 2000? I thought they only make 650r's...

I think 2000 was the last year of the 600R. :banghead:

I'd take the deal, make sure you get a full tank of gas with it. :banghead:

I might offer $2500-2800. 3000 might not be bad with the dual sport kit. seems alittle high when you can get newer 650r for that. but if it is like new I am sure it will be money well spent.

or let me buy it. :banghead: