HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rokklym

Do it yourself smog removal..is this right?

7 posts in this topic

I did part of the do it yourself smog block from the 4 strokes website and was wondering if this sounds correct to those of you who know whats up.

This is on a 2002

OK, now I have the hose coming out of the crankcase into the T, and then the bottom part of the T goes into the bottom of the airbox and the right part of the T is going into the top of the airbox.

then the carb hoses. I took off all the hoses that were connected to the little T.

I took the longest part of hose and ran that from the nipple on the front carb around the back of the carb to the nipple on the brake side of the carb.

Does this sound right?

I'm having a machinist I work with make the actual plate tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

Thanks dude.

The machinist did a great job and I bolted it on and it runs perfect.

I only rode it up the block and back but no popping!! gotta love that.

no poping huh? did it do that b4 the mod? do the smog filters cause the poping.... i have a slight pop.....very quite almost unnoticable but the yoshimura brings it out.

I'll have to give a full report tomorrow. I only rode it a few hundred feet tonight but it didn't pop at all. Yeah, the 650L's are pretty well known for popping under deceleration and the smog removal is suposed to help, we'll see.

It sure looks alot better, thats for sure.

no poping huh? did it do that b4 the mod? do the smog filters cause the poping.... i have a slight pop.....very quite almost unnoticable but the yoshimura brings it out.

What's a smog filter? :banghead:

Anyways, it's written all over this site that removal of the smog junk will reduce the popping.

Well, I did a 230 mile ride today and not a bit of popping! You just have to love that!

I got about a mile from home and smelled fuel, looked down and gas was pouring out the petcock and all over the motor. thank god it didn't start a fire or anything. Turns out the o ring in the petcock is shot. Luckily that didn't happen a hundred miles from home.