HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
freestyle250

Exhaust inserts

37 posts in this topic

You should get louder and more power with the insert than with the stock baffle, but quieter and less power than completely uncorked.

Mild hp increase- maybe more if jetted properly

Mine produced nominaL sound increase- from Quietiscool.com- see review I put up tonight. :banghead:

I went with a GYT one and it seemed to make the bike a little more responsive without any noticable noise increase.

GYT-R, Pro Moto Billet , and Quiet is Cool all seem to have great products. I have the GYT-R, its nice when I want to run quiet, and has lots more power than stock baffle. When noise is not an issue, I run an aftermarket system, also GYT-R.

I run a gytr, there is a big difference between this and running the stock, pen hole sized baffle.

The bike does have alot more throttle respose completely uncorked. But is also waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy to loud. A gytr insert, with removing your lid, rejetting, pulling the grey wire, and installing a yz throttle stop will make your bike a whole new animal capable of doing pretty much anything you want.

I run a gytr, there is a big difference between this and running the stock, pen hole sized baffle.

The bike does have alot more throttle respose completely uncorked. But is also waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy to loud. A gytr insert, with removing your lid, rejetting, pulling the grey wire, and installing a yz throttle stop will make your bike a whole new animal capable of doing pretty much anything you want.

Well said. :banghead:

I had a GYT-R, lost it when the bolt fell out the 2nd time. Bought a Quiet Products insert and I'm much happier with it. It flows better and is just about as quiet. I've had several riding buddies compliment me on how it sounds...

I had a GYT-R, lost it when the bolt fell out the 2nd time. Bought a Quiet Products insert and I'm much happier with it. It flows better and is just about as quiet. I've had several riding buddies compliment me on how it sounds...
Ya I forgot. That happened to me too. I actually have a longer bolt through it now with a nut on the inside. :banghead:

i can't believe anyone runs the stock insert ,it was put on the bike to pass noise levels and it kills the power! i have a gytr insert and it makes my bike puke in tight woods,

bean i would like to see your design, i have a gytr but it kills the bike and makes it run hot,so it ends up in my fanny pack on dual sport rides and i dont like the noise but performance is critical and a hot engine is self destructing

Does anybody hava part number for the 05' WR 450 F insert? O r have one they want to sell?

stock, gytr or quietiscool?

Me too!

I use the GYR-T insert with a longer bolt and a little locktite. Lucky for me I noticed the bolt was missing before the insert came out.

Ditto on the GYTR - wouldn't recommend it at all. I went with Pro Moto Billet insert. It has a rubber type ring on it, to make it fit nice and snug. It doesn't vibrate like the GYTR. I did the free mods, insert, and JD kit. The JD kit made the biggest difference.