What is the best comunication

a horn is the best. mainly just to get peoples attention that they went the wrong way. your mouth works well too. also knowing and trusting the people you ride with doesn't hurt.

on a rare occasion i carry an FRS radio when we are exploring in open terrain. keep it off and in my pack 99% of the time. when scouting, get up a ridge {2km line of sight thing} where you can see the group but cant yell.

We run Motocomm headsets and 2 watt VHF radios. The audio is ok at low speeds but as things pickup the backround noise becomes somewhat of a problem. Still even at speed when the audio is not real clear you can still make out when someone is in need of help or the group needs to wait up - just not good for casual conversation. I also have VHF radios in the trailer and in my truck. I have used this setup to talk back to camp over 10 miles from the bike to get help when one in the group broke his wrist. Not ideal but it works.

www.motocomm.com

We have the chatterbox stuff also,it does a good job for us.Yes there is some wind issues and sometimes it will activate when you hit high rpm but all in all it's a good thing!With a family of four riding it's easy to get separated

and with the radios we can stay in touch!!

forget chatterbox, collete makes the best unit (platinum 900) hands down. voice activated, low to none wind noise interference, and able to use your celly and mp3 player while riding! check it out: http://www.collett.mb.ca/

cheers

I don't know about anybody else but if I have to stick anything to the side of my helment, it won't last long on the big headers :banghead: