Can a Carbon Fiber Muffler be Repaired

At a local MX race I was rear ended by a rider riding over his head. I later found that the impact dented, scratched and cracked my expensive carbon fiber muffler. Does anyone know if those are repairable?

Thanks,

Jay

I believe the resins are the same but the cloth is different. Try looking up a company called "West Systems", they are a manufacturer/distributor of cloths and resins. I would think it is repairable.

I believe the resins are the same but the cloth is different. Try looking up a company called "West Systems", they are a manufacturer/distributor of cloths and resins. I would think it is repairable.

Ouch, probably going to cost big bucks though, eh?

There are different weave types for different application. Look for a weave with strength in the circumfrencial direction. if you want to do it your self and have fiberglass experience I'd say go for it.

At a local MX race I was rear ended by a rider riding over his head. I later found that the impact dented, scratched and cracked my expensive carbon fiber muffler. Does anyone know if those are repairable?

Thanks,

Jay

If its White Bros they can do it. My buddy just sent his to them. Cool people from what he told me. If its an FMF, they have always helped me :banghead: