HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zapp22

XR650R: Trailtech mounted with headlight?

7 posts in this topic

folks

sorry to pepper with so many XR650R dualsport questions but I gotta get this project on the road....

I plan on adding the Trailtech "Endurance" speedo/odo to the pile, but wonder how it mounts, and will it interfere with headlight? Of course [other thread] I plan on changing the headlight to something more stable/useful but do not know which/what that part is as yet.

ANY advice you guys can give would be so great.

one more: I have procrastinated beefing up cooling. Which radiator cap should I get, and is it safe to use "Engine Ice" or what should I do about coolant/fluid?

Gracias!!!!

Z

My Trailtech mounted in the same location as the factory odometer. I don't have a dual-sport setup but I don't believe it would interfere with anything. I would like to have my Trailtech permantly backlit for night riding so I could see it for longer then a few seconds at a time.

...I would like to have my Trailtech permantly backlit for night riding so I could see it for longer then a few seconds at a time.

Yeah, me too. I wish it had an external plug so backlighting could at least be active when the engine is running.