Anyone using a "Power Now" ?

Ive read in some mags that the power now part can give a 2 1/2 HP increase at mid RPM. Any truth to this? Any re-jetting or anything else to be adjusted?? Thanks ! :banghead:

I would have a hard time believing a 2 1/2 HP gain, I did the homemade version on my '99 400 along with the accelerator pump mod. The major difference I saw was that it dramatically cleaned up the low end bog.

I would have a hard time believing a 2 1/2 HP gain, I did the homemade version on my '99 400 along with the accelerator pump mod. The major difference I saw was that it dramatically cleaned up the low end bog.

I did the JamesNow mod as well and noticed better off-idle response.

I have a Power Now on my 01 WR. The only thing it seems to have done for me is maybe help it start a bit easier. Didn't affect jetting at all. I didn't really notice a big improvement anywhere else.

I have a Power Now on my 01 WR. The only thing it seems to have done for me is maybe help it start a bit easier. Didn't affect jetting at all. I didn't really notice a big improvement anywhere else.

I have one my my 03 WR450 and I didn't really notice a huge performance gain either. Your $100 is better spend elsewhere, IMO.

I know now what it is...I have a fever...and the only cure is MORE COWBELL!!

Damn i luv that SNL skit..I cant help myself to say those lines from that one..

I know now what it is...I have a fever...and the only cure is MORE COWBELL!!

Damn i luv that SNL skit..I cant help myself to say those lines from that one..

When we're done here you'll all be wearing gold plated diapers.

OK.... I feel stupid now :banghead: but what is the JamesNow mod? Is it the same as the one listed here??

OK.... I feel stupid now :banghead: but what is the JamesNow mod? Is it the same as the one listed here??

Here is the PDF explaining how to do it.

Here is the PDF explaining how to do it.

Thanks!! :banghead:

I dont think that it would affect the bigger bore bikes much, only the 250f's

I did the JamesNow mod as well and noticed better off-idle response.[/QUOT

Damn!! I Just LOVE that COWBELL!!

You can really feel the difference with the power now at just off idle with more grunt and better throttle response. I do not recommend it for mid range performance gains. Just dont buy the Power Now Plus version for the back side. I got both and ended up just using the standard Power Now. The plus model just screws up all the jetting on the idle and needle circuits. :banghead: