HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr-jorger

exhaust?

12 posts in this topic

whats a good not too loud exhaust set for my 600?? (I get up at 6am and leave by 7 ,hate to wake up whole neighborhood) I have e-series exhaust on my quad and its a loud mother!!!!!

Supertrapp IDS2 .... cheap compared to most others, nice power boost, not much louder than stock, tunable, nice low tone, sounds good, a lot lighter than stock, and looks good ... very well-built too ... find them either here at ThumperTalk Store, or rockymountainmc.com :banghead:

Another vote for the Trapp IDS2 QS (quiet series). These (slip-on) pipes are an excellent match for the "older" air-cooled RFVC motors. The internal disc system (IDS) is a clean set up & the 2's end cap gives it nice look without the burnt plastics. :banghead:

My DS $0.02

I 've always been a bit sceptical about supertrap exhausts- they are not really widely available in the uk. How do they make more power than stock if the gasses have to past through all of those plates to get out?

I 've always been a bit sceptical about supertrap exhausts- they are not really widely available in the uk. How do they make more power than stock if the gasses have to past through all of those plates to get out?

Most all slip-ons provide better exhaust flow over stock. This explains it for Supertrapp.

Trapp Tech

"Most all slip-ons provide better exhaust flow over stock. This explains it for Supertrapp. Trapp Tech"

mm I was hoping for a more technical answer really!

I guess you're not familiar with the Hyperlink feature here. :banghead: Click on "Trapp Tech" in the previous post. That's as technical as it gets straight from their web site... :applause:

Other than reading that, it reduces the amount of restriction in the exhaust chamber, and it increases the surface area of the exhaust outlet to let a larger volume of exhaust gas escape at a greater rate over the stock system.

I guess you're not familiar with the Hyperlink feature here. :applause: Click on "Trapp Tech" in the previous post. That's as technical as it gets straight from their web site... :lol:

Other than reading that, it reduces the amount of restriction in the exhaust chamber, and it increases the surface area of the exhaust outlet to let a larger volume of exhaust gas escape at a greater rate over the stock system.

yeah ... what he said ! ...

:banghead: