HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sawsall

I have aquired a 194 XL600R

4 posts in this topic

it needed a pulse generator to get it running...

Anyway, now that I know it runs, what are some cheap upgrades?

I plan on ditching the stock airbox for a K&N pod and a universal slip on Supertrapp. ..

is the stock dual carb system good?

stick with the stock airbox and put a uni or a k&n inside it.Better to prtect the air filter than to let it hang out there in the open. The dual carb system is ok as long as there in sync. and its running fine leave it alone. Is the bike in good shape and in stock form?

stick with the stock airbox and put a uni or a k&n inside it.Better to prtect the air filter than to let it hang out there in the open. The dual carb system is ok as long as there in sync. and its running fine leave it alone. Is the bike in good shape and in stock form?

Yes, keep the stock airbox and get a Uni foam filter. Since it is a single cylinder bike, you don't have to sync the carbs. One opens before the other, actually. There is a link between the 2 carbs that can be bent to modify the timing of the 2nd carb opening. Do a search in this forum and you will even find which jetting to use.

Thanks guys...

The bike is fair... no back fender... I have an old pick-up tool box laying here, so I cut some diamond plate out & bent a fender...

The front-end needed rebuilt, but I happened to have a inverted one from a 02 RM125 that was modified by RG-3 so it is now on it...

Currently has steet tires/wheels for motard

I'm not going to run a front fender