HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
YZViper

JamesNow and jetting

13 posts in this topic

Just did the JamesNow. Put it in fired it up, 2 minutes tops two large backfires and stall. Will not start again.

155 mj

stock everything else

2nd clip pos.

1.5 turns out on fuel screw

900ft.

Took the mod out, still won't fire. Its getting fuel, small slice in the plug wire rubber, appears ok. It still pops like it wants to fire so im sure its getting spark. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. Have been running the above jetting for about 2 years and it runs good except for the bog. I know its on the lean side, im not that aggressive of a rider.

Any engine needs the following to run......spark, compression, air/fuel mixture. Your sure its getting fuel because the plug is wet....right? Are you sure its getting consistant spark? Does it have compression?

Plug is wet, not flooded

Plenty of compression

I can only assume on the spark. When I kick it, it pops like its gonna fire but it acts like its not getting fuel. And it only does that with full choke.

I had it started and running earlier today and then pop, nothing. Could I have a jet blocked or something. I took the fuel screw out and it is clear.

I had it started and running earlier today and then pop, nothing. Could I have a jet blocked or something. I took the fuel screw out and it is clear.

I would pull the carb, clean every jet and blow out all orifices. My 426 acted similar one time and the pilot was clogged.

had the same problem. Cleaned carb and it went away. I also did the james now and have had no problems. It does seem to start easier and without the choke though.

the power now seems to richen the pilot circuit on my yz 450,maybe try leaning out the pilot jet :banghead: that would explain easier starting without the choke.

thanks for all the replies.

Tore down the carb and blew it out. Put it back together and viola!!

Everything running great. Unreal what a difference a simple mod as that made.