HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Way Fast Whitey

problems for '06?

23 posts in this topic

can anyone predict any problems for 2006 yz450F. i'm probably getting one so i was just wondering. it'll be mostly same engine as the yz250F right(but bigger)?

are the valves going to be a pain to check becuase of the frame?

id say it would be easier to check the valves as it is a perimeter frame,not like the old steel cradle that ran along the top of the head??

I have said it before that the oil temp will be higher. Yamaha put an oil squirter in the case to direct oil to the underside of the piston dome to reduce piston temp. Porsche did this mod for the 911 engine when head and piston temps started to run too hot with the bigger engine displacement. The frame will not be used as a heat sink so yamaha is trying a different way to lower the engine temp. Just change the oil more often and it should not be a problem. All the oil tank is in the engine now so change it sooner. Have fun with the new bike. Thanks Mark

Nope, your gonna be their little piggy. Yes of course they have done testing, Yamaha of all manufactures would not release a bike if it had problems. :banghead:

thats true X25, i'm stuck bewteen giving the 250 more pop and getting a sled or buying a 2006 450.

Aren't you a world class mechanic? Why are you asking such stupid questions.

Whitey, you're going to have to learn to chill a little. You've already asked this question and had it answered, not by absolutely everybody, but so what? Go put a deposit on the 450 and wait for it to show up. And then get a bag of sunflower seeds, or something to keep you busy.

Whitey, you're going to have to learn to chill a little. You've already asked this question and had it answered, not by absolutely everybody, but so what? Go put a deposit on the 450 and wait for it to show up. And then get a bag of sunflower seeds, or something to keep you busy.

i hate sunflower seeds, on the few occasions that i eat them i eat them whole :applause:

i guess i will put a depostite on one, if your gonna make me :banghead:

i hate sunflower seeds, on the few occasions that i eat them i eat them whole :applause:

What a pathetically stupid response. I really wish you would post here less often.

I am getting very excited and can't wait till the new 450 is here two more months, oh well I hope it is awsome!

i hate sunflower seeds, on the few occasions that i eat them i eat them whole
No wonder you don't like them. :blegch:

Might I suggest a dirty mag and some vaseline.jpg

?

I think that's what kids your age spend most of their time doing anyways... :lol: