HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Messiah

98 wr400 odo eliminator

11 posts in this topic

been looking around for a 98 wr400 odo eliminator. flatlandracing and barumspro don't seem to have them.

anyway searched this forum and pple suggested that the yz counterpart fits nicely. however the p/n for the hubs are different :banghead:

anyone have any idea if it works for the 98?

just remove the cable and cap the threaded part.........

+1.

i'm running a trail tech , but i'm thinking about finding a mechanical speedo off a 17" tire street bike. i think they're cooler and more reliable.

I had read that the YZ spacer won't work (Don't remember where). Plus, the WR doesn't have a seal outside the speedo side bearing like the YZs do. I expect that's the major difference...

Are the 98 WR hubs same as the 01 WR's? I just ordered one from Barnum's for my 01 WR. I'll let you know how it works.

I had read that the YZ spacer won't work (Don't remember where). Plus, the WR doesn't have a seal outside the speedo side bearing like the YZs do. I expect that's the major difference...

Are the 98 WR hubs same as the 01 WR's? I just ordered one from Barnum's for my 01 WR. I'll let you know how it works.

5BF-25111-00-00 vs 5BF-25111-01-00. not sure what the numbers mean.

do keep me updated on how well it works anyway. thanks

+1.

i'm running a trail tech , but i'm thinking about finding a mechanical speedo off a 17" tire street bike. i think they're cooler and more reliable.

Copy that I think the trail tech is junk so I put a xt350 speedo on my wr250f

Barnum's is backordered on the speedo drive eliminator for my 426, and don't know when they will be available...so I ordered the YZ spacer and seal today. Should be here by mid week. I'll post the results.

I got the YZ spacer today, and it works just fine. You do have to run the YZ bearing seal, though, as the WR doesn't have one on that side of the hub.

This is right :banghead: the YZ spacer will work, yes the hubs are different but only where the WR has the "cup" where the odo head goes on with the little tabs that actually spin the odo head. If your odo head has not grenaded (like mine) you can just unscrew the cable and buy a small rubber cap at any hardware store to cover it with, like mentioned above. Otherwise make sure you buy a YZ spacer and a YZ seal kit (2 seals versus 1) and you are good to go :applause: