need some 426 info

hey guys. im gonna be lookinf or a new bike soon. i need a bike that can handle woods and also when i feel like it handle some jumps. i will either be getting a 426 or yz250. but i need some info on the 426. Can it handle what i want to do? the valves on the 426 are shim and bucket right? are they reliable(yes i know evrything is when you take care of them but i mean were there any problems from the factory or a common problem), i know 2001 was the forst year for titiamium valves, which would you pick the steel or titinaium, iv heard people pick either but i odnt knoe exzactly why, and finally what shoudl i look for specifically when buying a used one. I know the usual stuff like bearings and stuff but anything specific? thankyou for the help

"Can it handle what i want to do?" -- Absolutely

"the valves on the 426 are shim and bucket right?" -- Yes

"are they reliable" -- Yes

"i know 2001 was the forst year for titiamium valves, which would you pick the steel or titinaium" -- Can't say but I haven't had any reason to not stay with the titanium valves that came in it.

"and finally what shoudl i look for specifically when buying a used one." -- Nothing specific that I can think of.

I have a '01 YZ426 that I use only for forest/desert trail riding and have never had more fun on a bike. In the 3 years that I have owned the bike I haven't had a single problem with it. At the next valve check I will probably need to re-shim a valve for the first time. Get the jetting right and cure the Yamabog problem (do the BK/GB mod to the carb) and your good to go.