Help me/slap me....november is taking a long time to get here

That little red devil keeps hammering me ? ....I can go get a brand spanking new 06 CRF450 today for 6000 out the door......no special, an everyday price within a 2hr drive. from Atlanta...I am so tempted to do this but that little blue yami angel ? just keeps telling me to be patient. Wait it out grasshopper!

Decisions decisions..............and a patience level that is wearing thin :applause: ......what would you do :banghead:

My sweet wife has said that I can get an '06 but I have to get get rid of the '01 first. I'm a little reluctant to jump on one so quickly with the new design changes though. There will probably be some bugs they will have to fix and '07 will be the better bike.

My sweet wife has said that I can get an '06 but I have to get get rid of the '01 first. I'm a little reluctant to jump on one so quickly with the new design changes though. There will probably be some bugs they will have to fix and '07 will be the better bike.

Yamaha does a good job to ensure a minimum of that happens. My 98 wr400 runs so good and strong (1st model year) it is unbelievable for an almost 8 year old bike

Yeah, you should wait. Wouldn't want to buy the number one 450 for several years now at a KILLER price over an unproven first year model. . . :banghead:

Tim,

Did ya have to go and start that again. lol!

If I remember correctly, it wasn't that long ago that you were blue too. How is it on the other side?

I truly am undecided on what to do. My 426 is the best bike I have ever owned. It's hard to think that the '06's would be leaps and bounds better than what I already have. I guess the improvements I would notice would be mainly in the suspension and less weight because the engine in the 426 rocks.

Should I take a chance and buy one A.S.A.P. or wait till after the first of the year when more info is out on them???????

Well, when I switched from my '02 426 to my '03 450, there was NO comparison! That '03 was an animal, and I felt handled great. When I went red in '04, I found the Honda slimmer, easier to turn, and with a more managable powerband. The '06 YZF looks awesome, but I think Yamaha just needs to refine their handling/turning a wee-bit more. I'm GUESSING that with a whole new frame design and material, the '06 YZF MIGHT have some cornering issues that may need to be ironed out. Kind of like the less-publicized issues the YZ's had this year.

If you're anything like me, you'll buy now and ask questions later! I can't imagine the '06 YZF having any engine problems. If I were still blue, I'd want the '06 engine to be more like the '03's. . . :banghead:

the 05 yz's had turning problems? No wonder they were less publicized. My 05 out turns any bike I have ever ridden save an 05 RM. Definetly out turns any thumper I have slung a leg over.

Man Tim....you really did drink the red Koolaide didn't you :banghead:

What you will get with the 06 YZF is a bike that handles more like the 05-06 CRF (which is a good thing) but has a bullet proof motor like a YZF (which is a good thing). Finally....a bike with the potential to be perfect.