vortex cdi box

went to Mt racing and got the vortex cdi for my 02 wr426 what a difference the 10 different curves are incredible on the power cureve it rips and on the traction mode it comes on smooth as silk and hooks great. definetly worth the money :applause::banghead:

So what's the story with this thing? Did I read the price right at $400? That seems pretty inexpensive for something that gives you so much control over the ignition. C'mon gurus, I got money to spend and no target to dump it on. DMan knows of what I speak...SC

it is great the programs you can also change yourself if you purchase the software, it comes with 10 curves including the stock program with just the rev limiter increased to 11700rpm you won't find a cdi ask a few of the pros they run the same one you will see it on their bike it is yellow and includes the thumb control so you can flip back and forth between the vortex best overal power program and which ever other single program you choose by way of the small 10 position switch on the cdi box it self. it really makes a difference when you need to come on the throttle hard the acceleration is much stronger. :banghead::applause::lol::lol::lol:

is this cdi good for the wr-400?

yeah u can get one for the wr 400 as well, ive looked at one, seem to be pretty good

$500 AUD though

So what's the story with this thing? Did I read the price right at $400? That seems pretty inexpensive for something that gives you so much control over the ignition. C'mon gurus, I got money to spend and no target to dump it on. DMan knows of what I speak...SC

Oh jeez , I just bought my kid a bunch of junk for his bike yesterday.... :applause: Sooo...where do we get this thing? more power ? :lol: what does it do ? lets figure it out man ... :banghead: DC...

Oh jeez , I just bought my kid a bunch of junk for his bike yesterday.... :applause: Sooo...where do we get this thing? more power ? :lol: what does it do ? lets figure it out man ... :banghead: DC...

It sounds pretty cool. Follow this link

the us distriputer is mt racing they are of the 91 frw @ van buren go lfet to jurupa and it is on the left in the first complex , riverside california

they are $398 plus tax that is what i paid

It sounds pretty cool. Follow this link

Oh great , now we have to figure out if the grey wire needs hooked up and all that and man that does look cool.... :banghead: thanks for the link sir, Im sure my wife will thank you as well :applause: Sooo... who has one and do you like??

is this cdi good for the wr-400?

My good mate has one on his wr400, it rips!

It is a pitty that he can't keep the front wheel on the ground.

I don't know if I should get the vortex or a steering damper as my next investment? :banghead:

went to Mt racing and got the vortex cdi for my 02 wr426 what a difference the 10 different curves are incredible on the power cureve it rips and on the traction mode it comes on smooth as silk and hooks great. definetly worth the money :lol::banghead:

Im bummed , I dont see a listing for the 05 man... :applause:

Yes, they make them for the '05. Just call and ask.

If I can get them in Australia, you can get them in USA. :banghead:

Yes, they make them for the '05. Just call and ask.

If I can get them in Australia, you can get them in USA. :banghead:

are you running one matty?? if you are , tell me about it bro . :applause:

are you running one matty?? if you are , tell me about it bro . :banghead:

Nah mate, not yet. I know of a few people over here running it. Trust me, it

makes a difference.

The listing for the '05 is there. Here's the link. The listing for the 03-05 is about halfway down in bright yellow indicating it's a new variation. MT's website probably is up to date just yet. Never fear, it's there for you to throw money at :banghead: ...SC

anyone have experience programming there own curves in a vortex cdi? im thinking of buying one

Unless you spend a lot of money, you cannot program it yourself. There is proprietary software needed on top of purchasing the CDI so few own it, meaning if you want a different map , you have to pay someone for it.