New Hinson Basket on EBay

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this auction on eBay. $75 for a brand new basket, but it's for an '03. It's not my auction, but I was going to bid if it fit my '05. Alas, no such luck :banghead: ...SC

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this auction on eBay. $75 for a brand new basket, but it's for an '03. It's not my auction, but I was going to bid if it fit my '05. Alas, no such luck :applause: ...SC

Clark I am starting to think we are similar in some ways, ya know , sitting around trying to find new ways to spend money on our bikes ... :banghead:

I think you're on to something there. I spent $6150 on the bike and another $5000 on goodies. My wife did a little investigating on our Quicken records and itemized out everything for the bike. I had no clue I spent that kind of cash. Thankfully, she was on a 7-month maternity leave that I was financing, so she couldn't get mad, but damn! :lol::applause::banghead: ...SC

I think you're on to something there. I spent $6150 on the bike and another $5000 on goodies. My wife did a little investigating on our Quicken records and itemized out everything for the bike. I had no clue I spent that kind of cash. Thankfully, she was on a 7-month maternity leave that I was financing, so she couldn't get mad, but damn! :lol::lol::banghead: ...SC

Well , so far this year I have puchased 6 dirt bikes , and 1 street bike that I sold when my buddie got hit by a pickup truck that ran a red light , shook me up a little , he is ok though . Obviously my wife is very cool with me and my toys... :lol: but I still must buy a least one thing for my bike every week , the 450 that is...God I love that bike...just have to make sure I dont slam into an elk or something... :applause: DC...

Just thought I'd let you guys know about this auction on eBay. $75 for a brand new basket, but it's for an '03. It's not my auction, but I was going to bid if it fit my '05. Alas, no such luck :banghead: ...SC

You sure it won't fit:thinking: I looked on hinson's website and the 03 basket works on the o4 wr450. Did they change the basket between the 04 and 05 on the wr?

Yep, it's different. I was on the phone with Hinson and the p/n for an '05 is H216. The way they list their applications is very confusing. If you download the PDF catalog from their homepage, you'll see it...SC

...I still must buy a least one thing for my bike every week ...

Same here. I just put on some Moose fork bleeder valves. Very slick little doodads. I think I'm gonna get a Rekluse, so this Hinson thing is off to the back burner...I just need to save up about $1000 so I can do it right...Clutch, Tungsten balls, Perch Adjuster w/ longer cable, Rear hand brake, and the blue anodized cover...trick shiznit :banghead: ...SC

Same here. I just put on some Moose fork bleeder valves. Very slick little doodads. I think I'm gonna get a Rekluse, so this Hinson thing is off to the back burner...I just need to save up about $1000 so I can do it right...Clutch, Tungsten balls, Perch Adjuster w/ longer cable, Rear hand brake, and the blue anodized cover...trick shiznit :banghead: ...SC

I am still trying to figure out the benies of having the recluse, and yeah that is a small wad to spend...for now anyway...still working out the carb issues... :applause: